Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm Baaaaaack!!!

jimmyk

Hi, All:

A year and a half ago I was not doing well physically. I figured my detecting days were over, so I sold all my detecting equipment. A year ago I had open heart surgery and had some repairs done. One bypass and a new heart valve. After four months of rehab and continued regular exercising I got the itch. Bought a used F 75 and decided it was time to get back in the saddle. I don't have the stamina I used to have at 74 years of age, but I hit a spot close to home that has been pounded. It's a Missouri ghost town/camp site/skirmish site. I decided to rehunt the town site that was burned in 1864 and never rebuilt. It's carpeted with nails and iron junk. Had some success previously so I decided to hunt it 90 degrees from the direction I had hunted it two years ago. Always a good strategy when hunting junky areas. Was able to find a few keepers. Found two complete cuff buttons. The one on the left has an "I" in the shield. Also found two flat buttons. One with a shank and one without.. Found five bullets. Love digging Sharps regardless of the type. Also found a brass toe tap. And the rectangular item bottom right is a printers type set for printing newspapers, etc. Considering how hared it has been hit and how much trash is there, I'm pretty happy with the results. I don't have many more places to hunt, but it was good to get back out a save a few items.

Thanks for looking, and keep on digging,

jimmyk in Missouri

I bet you are happy with the results .. NICE finds. We're happy your back :thumbup:

JimmyK-

Great to have you back sir.!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you're doing better and things have worked out for you. Thanks for your post(s). Nice finds...especially that ringtail sharps. :clap:

PACE yourself. Keep hunting. Keep posting.

God bless.

CCH

Very nice finds buddy. Happy hunting

Great weather to get out in Jimmy!! I believe you have the right attitude to succeed health wise and detecting and your finds prove it, congratulations!!
Jeff in North Missouri

Jimmy, great to hear that your surgery went well and that you are back in the saddle again. Congrat's on some nice Saved History on the ringtail Sharps bullet and the Eagle I Infantry button. They were all great finds. Well Done and Continued Success to you in both your health and finds sir. Keep at it.

Welcome back. I'm glad you are feeling better and are following your passion. Nice buttons and Sharps!