Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm Convinced. Ordering My Deus Tomorrow

E-TREC-Virginia

Wanted to thank everyone for their posts about the performance and advantages of the XP Deus. You've convinced me that the money is well worth it. I will be ordering my Deus from Richard @ Backwoods Detectors tomorrow along with a Garrett Pro pointer. I still love my E-Trac, but I am looking forward to swinging a lighter machine. I've been detecting now for 39 years and believe that the Deus will be one of the better detectors that I've used. Hoping that I can put the knowledge and experience that I've gained over years to good use with the Deus and share my experiences with you.

P.S. - If anyone is looking for a mint condition Whites M6 with a SunRay probe, 10" DD coil, and a 9.5" Eclipse 950 coil, I traded mine in and Richard should have it by next week.

Waiting to see the finds !!!! Good luck with the new detector !!!! :super:

Mine should be here tomorrow from Big Boys Hobbies. Thanks Bart.

:cheers:Southwind,

Good luck with the new beeper..... Find lots or loads of stuff...

Well I did it, ordered my Deus today and should be getting next week. Going to see how well it works in the Virginia red clay for coins and CW relics. Reading the manual now to get a head start. Anyone know of any publications on the Deus to read up on? If not, Andy needs to get his pen going. I'm sure that he would get a lot of input from the experts on the forum. I think I have the land detecting covered, need to work on a beach/water machine now.

Hi Steve, I just ordered my Deus yesterday (from Richard as well) and will be getting it next week as well. As for your thinking about a beach/water machine, EASY, get a Minelab Excalibur. I make a living using Excals and currently own 3 of them. I know there are some that will debate whether the Excal is the "the" water machine, but I assure you that it is. I have tried all and the Excal wins hands down. Someone will probably chime in and mention the "problem" of chains/neclaces and how the Excal is not that great on them, but TBH, how often do we really come across chains (besides I can still find most chains given that they have a clasp left on them). It looks like you and I are into the same machines as I also have an E-Trac. I feel like the E-Trac, Deus, Excalibur is the ultimate trifecta, unless you have needs to go deep and add a GPX5000 for the absolute ultimate "quadfecta." I look forward to reading how your Deus does in your ground compared to how mine does in my ground here in Minnesota. Good luck and HH -Marc

MHirschmann said:
Hi Steve, I just ordered my Deus yesterday (from Richard as well) and will be getting it next week as well. As for your thinking about a beach/water machine, EASY, get a Minelab Excalibur. I make a living using Excals and currently own 3 of them. I know there are some that will debate whether the Excal is the "the" water machine, but I assure you that it is. I have tried all and the Excal wins hands down. Someone will probably chime in and mention the "problem" of chains/neclaces and how the Excal is not that great on them, but TBH, how often do we really come across chains (besides I can still find most chains given that they have a clasp left on them). It looks like you and I are into the same machines as I also have an E-Trac. I feel like the E-Trac, Deus, Excalibur is the ultimate trifecta, unless you have needs to go deep and add a GPX5000 for the absolute ultimate "quadfecta." I look forward to reading how your Deus does in your ground compared to how mine does in my ground here in Minnesota. Good luck and HH -Marc

Hi Marc, thanks for the input on the best beach/water machine. I was leaning toward the Excal, since I'm going to be doing both fresh water and salt. That rules out the PI machines right away. The only other machine that I was thinking about is the Fisher CZ-21. Opinions on which one is better seems to be split 50/50. I've used an Excal, so I'm familiar with what they can do. I think I'm going to rent a CZ-21 for a weekend and give it a test drive. Have a couple months to figure out which machine to choose.

One day, I will have a GPX5000. Most likely when I retire. Would love to do some gold detecting in Alaska, Australia, Canada, or even in the mid west. For right now, the E-Trac, Deus, and eventually Excal/CZ combination will hold down the fort quite nicely.