Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm gettin' the urge to tell a whopper :biggrin:

blade310

But I guess I'll stick to the facts and only the facts...for now :cool:
My older brother Rick and I kind of went our separate ways as we became teenagers.Actually Rick became a real arse. He started running wild,had a few run ins with the law and generally thought he was the coolest thing on two feet. I will have to say though, he became an outdoors man. He hunted and trapped and sold his furs and that's how he supported his running around and causing trouble at night. I loved being out in the woods especially as night settled in.Where dusk turned to night. I've always felt there was something magical about that time of evening. I felt and still do feel the same way about early,early morning when it just begins to start getting light out. But unlike Rick I spent most of my time in a pool hall and chasing the girls around at the skating rink,and just general small town stuff. I wasn't totally a city boy but I never new as much about hunting,trapping, Tracking etc. as my Brother. Now I always loved fishing and still do,but since I started metal detecting a few years ago I have not been fishing much. Most of the fishing I've done is for catfish at night.

Rick finally got married and settled down.I don't think he did a whole lot of trapping after that but he spent as much time in the woods as he could.He loved to hunt and I believe he still does. I know he does the taxidermy thing now and I guess he is really good at it. One night in late summer him and I took his dog "Blue" out to run. ( Are all Blue Tick hounds named Blue? lol) I really liked that dog. Blue loved to hunt, unfortunately He would run anything. I heard of coon hunters that would shoot a dog for running anything but coon. I guess Rick liked old Blue too cause he never did shoot that dog. The night we had him out was such a nice night that I was lovin' every second. it was warm, and a partial moon would show itself through the clouds now and then. It wasn't long before Blue started raising cane off in the distance. Rick said he was on to something,so we started heading in that direction. We were up in the hills behind my mothers house out side of a little town called Dillonville in south eastern Ohio. I asked Rick Why we were not racing to catch up with Blue. I think he chuckled and said "relax he's still running the thing" . I thought,well crap he's gonna have that thing chased a hundred miles away and we'll never catch up to him. (lol shows how much I knew). After a good ten minutes more Rick said OK we'll pick it up some now cause he's got it treed. I said,"how on earth do you know he's got him treed". Now if it was daylight out I know I would have seen Rick roll his eyes. It didn't matter I didn't have to see it .I could hear it in his voice. " Listen to blues bark.does it sound like it did a few minutes ago"?And I realized it didn't sound the same. Now it sounded higher in pitch and really excited. I couldn't believe I didn't catch that in the first place. (again it shows how much I knew.) So we hot footed it in that direction and sure enough Blue was under a big tree just going berserk.Rick handed me his rifle,a little semi automatic 22cal,and took out a flash light and started trying to locate the darn thing. I think I was getting about as fired up as Blue. Blue doin' all that hoppin' around and barkin' and tryin' to climb the tree,and Rick yellin' over the ruckus do I see anything and cussing every time Blue bangs into him and me holdin' a rifle,ell I'm wantin' to shoot somethin'. Finally Rick spots it...

I'm gonna stop here and finish up tomorrow. I need to get a satellite map over the area I want to hunt in the morning (hunt with a detector that is lol ) and find a route to the place. everyone have a good evening.

Hope your doing well Rusty.