Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm getting better, somehow

pplinker

Batteries needed charging on my Deus so I took up my Minelab 705. Darn, I've been doing so good with it the past few days. Hunting over places I hunted with the Deus and finding pennies and quarters I'd passed over before in my yard.

Then today I took the 705 back in the woods to an old homesite, and dairy farm where I never had any luck in the past. I have hunted it off and on, maybe 5 or 6 times using the 705 in years past.

I must have gotten better or something because today right away I found a 1944 penny. Some various stuff and then a 1941 penny. Before leaving I found a 1975 penny that was probably from the era that some hippies lived there.

Found a cool old toy car. If it was in pristine shape, I saw one on e-bay for 150.00. This one is toast, but still a fun find.

Couple bottle tops, one I can't read. The other is Chlorox, rust proof lid. Probably from the hippie era. Surprised that the blue ink stamped 35c stayed on there so long.

I'm going to go back there again and also to several places I hunted with the Deus. I don't know maybe the Deus is just above my ability and the difficulty of it heightened my ability with the 705.

Maybe..........the 705 is just that good! Good hunt you had. I would definitely hit all those spots again and just see what you can pull out with the Xterra.
Good luck!

No matter how thourough you think you are when you hunt you'll never overlap to where you hit every square inch. That's why most places are never quite completely hunted out.
Perseverance is the key and of course a great detector like the 705. I'm sure your DEUS is great also, they all have their place.
Nice job on the recoveries and keep on keeping on.
HH.

Have found a lot of stuff with both detectors, probably just more comfortable with the 705. Was using the 3khz 9 inch concentric coil. Before going back will take a rake for the leaves and a chainsaw to cut some of the brush that gets in the way. I've got a tree trimmers chainsaw that is very light and easy to use. Won't be anytime soon because we're forecast to get ice and snow tonight. Glad I took advantage of the good weather yesterday. Happy Hunting, get out if and when you can.