Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm going to miss the Tesoro business model

Years ago, my good friend backed his Bronco right over his Tesoro Golden Sabre which had been leaning against his rear bumper. He sent it into Tesoro and they sent him a brand new machine.

After he told me this, I had to get a Tesoro. I wanted to do business with a company that had such a great business model.

When my Compadre started acting up in December of 2018, I boxed it up and mailed it to Tesoro - just as the website told me to do. I didn't insure it and I have never found the shipping receipt.

Along about April or May, having not heard anything and having read about Tesoro problems on the forums, I figured I was just out of a Compadre. I figured it had either gotten lost in the mail or was sitting at some dead letter office after being turned away at Tesoro company headquarters.

Lo and behold, I got a call on a Sunday evening a couple of weeks ago from a man identifying himself as a Tesoro employee. He just wanted to verify that my address hadn't changed in the 8 months since I had mailed the detector to them. A couple of days later, I received my Compadre with a brand new coil.

Lifetime warranty on a metal detector??? I'm afraid those days are gone forever. Tesoro - I'm glad I knew you!

Well, after 40 years since childhood you were doing the same thing, you might get bored and want to do something else with your life. Can't blame them-the Gifford kids.
They may have kept the company going for the fathers sake, who had a dream, the sons didn't really share....................closing the company may have been like a breath of fresh air.