Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm gonna do it!

The Wolf

I think I've waited long enough for all the kinks to be worked out of the F75 upgrade process. I'm not worried about the AM depth issues, as I always hunt in Disc BP mode. Most of the reports seem to have good numbers in Disc mode, so I think I will be golden. Even thought about posting up a for trade ad if anyone doesn't like their new upgraded unit and wants a non upgraded one back. Just trying to help other folks out if they're regretting the upgrade. Mine is a black SE unit, late 2012 model. It went to FT last year for a check up and they replaced the coil and gave it a clean bill of health. I think i will be set with DST & FA as long as it gets good/better numbers in Disc than i'm getting now. I'll keep y'all posted.

I would almost consider swapping. If you hunt in Disc mode. Definitely upgrade. I'm a AM hunter and hate that I lost depth on AM. The Disc mode is awesome. I bought mine new in Jan 2015.

I agonized a month as well but am glad I did send mine back. But then mine was a 2007 model and a lot was added/replaced: three new tones, three new processes, better weatherproofing, DST, and they replaced my whole control head/handle.unit.

In the past I rarely used all metal - but in playing with the upgrades I think I may. Mine gets slightly better air depth in AM than DISCR. Jury is out how it really behaves in use until all this d#mn snow melts and the ground thaws.