Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm not Crazy

rob.ream258

First of all - I want to thank everyone on this forum for all the replies and advise.

Secondly - Mike Hillis you are absolutely correct when you mentioned that I might have "Boost Itis"..... (in another post)........

Let me explain..........I started out wondering if I had a bad coil or not and realized that moving the disc above 5 would silence my machine. And then I started air testing and learned quite a bit more. But then taking the machine to the fields I was still getting jumping signals and way too much false'ing. Being quite confident in my abilities, this unhappiness with the machine led me to the internet looking for something new.......coil.......machine? I figured I'd try another coil and the NEL Sharpshooter should be at my doorstep when I get home today. But then in reading over and over things on this forum I found Mike's post again....... Cut to the chase, went out a couple days ago and dropped out of BP into the DE mode and my machine became very happy. There wasn't some angry noise in my ears and I was then able to listen to the music the machine was giving me. For the first time (not just plain luck) I thought I heard a good signal mixed into trash and pulled out the expected garbage and I dark dark brown quarter. WOW I said to myself.....literally and out loud. I've since started to learn the very slightest beep/squeak to help determine the metallic item before I choose to dig or keep swinging. To my delight I even found a men's silver ring 8" down out of my "4 diamond" ball park that hasn't been used in years. They park service keeps up the grass and soccer fields, but the diamonds themselves haven't seen much use lately. That park gives up nothing but dark dark brown clad that has been buried for 30 years. I would say 100's of years given the darkness, but most everyone knows how nice and shiny the silver comes out the ground. I live in PC FLorida which has great beaches, but so many people have MD's that you'd think big brother was giving them away with every tax return. Given the amount of machines, I am completely shocked my ball field still had ring to be discovered by my Fisher F75.

My next machine is definitely the CZ-21......to grab all the tourist / spring break gold!

Again, thanks to everyone on this forum and especially to Mike who saved me from going completely nuts.......

Big Boys Hobbies put some interesting reading out about the F75 - high gain in DE mode kicks in if you have the dic lower than 5 or higher tha 19. The JE mode is a total high gain mode no matter what dic setting you use because of the sensitivity to very small targets,so the BP mode will also be a high gain. I am also trying to learn my new F75 LTD SE - one deep seeking increbible machine. Good luck & I wish you many great finds with your's while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast