Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Im not sure I can even relay how hot this 5.7 coil is on the Vista X

Keith Southern

Ive ran alot of units in my time but the small coil on the X is another level.its like all the power is concentrated in a funnel.The large Octagon is spectacular in its own right for what it does and to be honest even in iron its stellar on what it can dissect..But this small coil is HONESTLY over the top HOT on the X.Never seen anything quiet like it..Its almost like a gold machine or maybe even it is better than a gold machine.I took it into some super bad ground I mean awful ground full of small nails scattered to really see what it could do.5 F.E bar dirt.Beat to death for years and years by me with alot of units..And right out the gate I was finding small non ferrous at depths I've never found small non ferrous..I mean .177 pellets,, buck shot,,tiny rivets..etc..stuff that's hard to impossible to hear with a unit in good dirt.Plus larger brass at really good 8-9 inch depth nickle size stuff.And ive worked this area with a P.I. a few times.and I can hit this small stuff with a considerable amount of disc..Like five points above factory red dot nail setting.So nails are easy to tell not even a high tone erratic pop. But the tiniest of non ferrous still bangs hard!!!!

What I can tell on now having many many hours on the small coil is you can overdrive it with the threshold compared to the big octagon..the octagon I can run full tilt gain and threshold but the 5.7 I cant run it full tilt threshold..close but not quite.and also the ground balance is more touchy in bad soil but once you get it dialed in its locked and steady.That's one thing nice about the Deeptechs you can instantly tell if your ground balance is off any if you use two tones.I believe the machine is so amped up and when you funnel it into the small coil its a laser beam.Not quite sure I've ever seen such power.

If you turn the threshold back you can remove the tiny stuff and still hit the say cuff button on up sizes still deep if you like.

I almost want to see what this thing would do in prospecting.Or I may yet see..I was in a known goldfield hunting digging this tiny stuff deep I'm surprised I didnt dig a nugget!

The 5.7 is great in unmasking in iron but the way it punches bad soil ((I mean BAAAAD soil)) it has truly amazed me.

Ive had gold machines and have a gold machine that can probably hit some of these targets but to do it the disc has to be so low I dig nail after nail to make it happen in this bad soil..The X has enough low end dissection of ferrous from non ferrous that it can cancel a square nail but still hit small paperfoil like pinky nail sizes clean..That's hard to do in any dirt and for sure in bad dirt.

Ill say again the X is very powerful!!I think maybe its hotter than the Gold Gain model at 30Khz.A jewelry hunter would be highly impressed with the 5.7 ..you may dig alot of earring studs etc you never knew was even there.set it on nail disc and dig all those soft mellow small whispers and you may be surprised.

The stock coil is so good and the small coil is now becoming a super specialty type tiny sniffer I wonder what a mid size coil would do like a super 6...Yet Id like to see a Ocatagon mid size..

What i have seen is the stock coil even in bad nails will see what the small coil will see if its say about half dime on up size..but the small coil goes MICRO!!The small coil is almost a specialty type coil and I know alot of places to use it...one thong though on the small coil is in aluminum slaw looking for coins it will outshine the big coil easily in modern trash..In just small iron unless you want micro stuff or say half dime on down cuff buttons etc they are pretty equal in what they can see when set at nail reject only but run the disc up to cherry pick say nickle ranges etc in modern trash and the small coil becomes a laser beam and accurate and has great depth IN THE SOIL to boot for its size .

Keith

Keith is absolutely right about this small coil. Always liked the Vista Gold with the Super Six coil and how the detector's sensitivity performs locating tiny pcs. of gold, etc.
Always thought the Vista Gold would have been an idea detector for the US with an expanded disc range. Was actually going to tinker at one point with a mod.
Now that the Vista X appeared and having using it, I got what I was looking for in a DeepTech unit in a smaller package.

This small 5.7" coil has super potential with excellent depth. I have it on most of the time now.

Deeptech Vista X with some slightly larger coils than the 5.7, would make the perfect all around beep and dig detector. Be it an out of round Octagon like the stock large coil, round or Super 6 shaped. I would settle on a DD version if they can be produced faster than a concentric.

I have also been playing with the Gain and Threshold when using the 5.7. Turning each back and running silent, still excellent performance.....

The Vista X is kind of being overlooked with all the hoopla and excitement about some new digital, screen, bells and whistle machines coming out on the market.
Some should take a real good look and try one out.

While hunting Clad / Jewelry, my experience is more with picking through Pull Tabs, alum slaw, balled up foil. Rarely have to hunt though iron, nails. Except bonfire areas. So I hear the Iron Audio going off, but I'm only interested in hearing that beat -beat repeating on a good target. Once I was couched on eliminating the beaver tail (to a high degree) my nickel finds really began increasing. So I can't explain it like Keith, but basically, reverse discrimination for nickels, dig every thing above beaver tabs .Digging below nickel depends on how much you can stand. Like on any other machine. I might be a little slow but after 1,500 coins, I'm getting somewhat confident on the difference in a good/ bad signal. Checking the iffy signals rarely is the machine wrong. One example though that's happened twice. Digging up a good Clad coin signal, up pops a nickel! What the heck is this ? Rechecking the hole, there's a dime in there too. Both times the dime cancelled out the nickel signal. Now just let that dime be hiding a gold ring someday! Maybe I'll check this out with a test at home.

Great to hear and lovely write up... thank you :thumbup:

Whats Crazy is what the Stock coil will see in just say nails..The Shape of the coil when you get in to the front third or rear third of the coil acts like a small coil in alot of ways.

The small coil is great in modern trash and in BIG IRON sites for peeking around large iron.Less swamping of the coil.

One thing unique to the Vistas and the X included is the ability to see non ferrous and ferrous mixed as good as a say any World class unmasker.they also have this ability.. But to me the audio on the Vistas is more Telling on some really severely masked targets and as a plus the vistas and the X likes to hit on round and or weird shapes of non ferrous in iron that some machines may lock onto the round in nails and iron pieces but miss the weird shapes like toe taps..Skeleton keys..knife handles.Brass lock keyhole covers suspender clips etc..

You'll find on the X that the red dot on the disc is for small nails and larger nails may take more disc even 7 or 8 points higher to get them to cleanly low tone..BUT if you learn to keep the disc on red dot and learn the sound of a say piece of larger iron or larger nail that wants to blippity blip on the red dot setting eventually you will learn to be able to tell those items too as iron and the lower brass intermingled in this noise will jump out at you as a smooth round sound even if its non ferrous and not round.

Same on up the scale.You dont have to run right below nickle reject to just dig nickles...I mean you can but you can back off a little on the disc to partially accept say pulltabs ..not completely but Some of a pulltab and your chance of unmasking a nickle by sound will be even greater in modern trash areas full of pulltabs hiding OLD nickles..

Same on up for say injuns in a park being masked by screw caps etc..

The X is unique in the Vista line in that its got a full Disc circuit but the audio will become your visual I.D. instantly in your minds eye!

Good reports on the X in this thread fellas

Keith

Thanks Keith it is great reading your post on the X. I just got mind a couple days ago from Richard. Can't wait to get out and dig some. Thanks again. Jim