Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm on the board! Tracker 4

Sawbuck

First detector tracker 4, first hunt. Got a clad dime. I watched a youtube video and the guy said put the toggle in all metal and turn the disc knob all the way to the right.
When you get a signal, switch the toggle to disc mode. If it's still a high tone then it's a high conductor. But I was thinking what if it's gold? It will sound a low tone, right?
How do you guys set up the tracker 4 when you are going for the gold?

Gold comes in at around the pull tab area which is where a lot of junk also comes in so your patience will get tested to the limit digging all that junk.
I tried doing it and I finally gave up, to much digging junk for me.

run it 1 oclock on both dials & switch in tone
then listen & have fun

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll probably run in all metal for a while. I heard newbies should start that way. Learn the hard way. Besides, I'll lose sleep thinking about walking over a big chunky gold ring
and you know there are lot's of them out there!😅
I wonder if that's why people switch to tid machines?

I use tone mode, and set the disc dial just left of 9 o cklock because i did testing with my gold rings and the small 14 k ringstill makes a high tone at that setting but most gum wrapers and very light foils sill low tone , and i dig all the clan slaw and tabs cuzz that where gold rings come in , but if you get tired , just set the disc to 1 o cklock