Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm on the Edge

catclan

Greetings all:

I am new to MD (January 06)and I have the ID Edge. I use it mostly in oC. The last 3 times I've been out I've been using all metal mode and disc set at 00 with various sens setting usually from 4 to 7 depending on the ground.

I have a question, in oC mode I get good clear tones from low to high. However, when I use all metal mode the tones are very strange and difficult to distinguish from one another. The tones are lower, slower and longer, even when it reads in the +20s and 30s. I've tried changing sens, disc, volume, with and without the headphones and nothing seems to help. Could there be something wrong with the machine, or just user error?

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Regina

Since no one has answered, the all-metal mode is a single tone mode. That's why they all sound the same. You might try a custom mode with the disc set to zero with no other + numbers set for rejection. This will give you all four tones while simulating the all-metal mode since you won't be discriminating anything out.

Hope this helps.

OldeTymer
TheTreasureLeague.com

Olde Tymer:

Thank you for your response. I just want to be sure I understand your instructions. I always have the disc at 00 "with no other+ numbers set for rejection" are you referring to notching? I'm not sure I understand that part. Please forgive my ignorance.

Thank you for your advise.

Regina

Sorry I wasn't more clear. What I'm saying is, not to run in all-metal at all, but to run in a disc mode with everything set to accept. That way, you will get all four tones, while not discriminating anything out. All-metal mode is a single tone mode, while the disc modes are multi-tone.

Go into the "cP" mode and adjust the disc to -36. Make sure the all-metal icon is not on, and no notches are on. This way you will be hunting as if you were in all-metal, accepting all targets, but will get the benefit of the four tones that are only active in the disc mode. You can then use the combination of the tone, and the numeric readout, to determine your dig no-dig decision.

Hope this makes sense.

OldeTymer
TheTreasureLeague.com

just to let you know..In all medal mode your discrimination has no affect
just while you are in discriminate mode