Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

im part of the minelab family now

towboater2013

hello guys just became a member of the minelab family with the se. Hope to learn alot here as i have mastered my vx3 but know she has a new owner.

Take your time with it and the language it speaks...and it will reward you well.:thumbup:

[attachment 267514 welcometyedieflash.gif]

Welcome aboard. Just take your time with your Minelab and she will sing to you

This place is a phenomenal wealth of knowledge.
First off be sure to use the search feature here on the Forum as the information is all there for you if you have a question . You will not have to go buy any books or Cd's etc if you read here and practice in the field.
Granted reading will give you a good understanding but, using it time and time again out hunting is second to none.

Granted there is a learning curve but, if you stick with it you will be rewarded.

For a little help I thought I would put up a couple of links that really have helped so many people.
Read these and take what you have learned to the field with you and it will all fall into place rather quickly.

The first link below is done by Mike Moutray. It has basic settings and some great information.
Now one thing I will note is the "Iron Mask" on the SE is twice as large in number range as the XS so keep that in mind (more adjust ability). Also the factory Gain setting on the XS is 5 as opposed to the SE at 8.
There are also subtle differences but not much that will effect in field usage difference.
Great information on settings and answers to questions.

The next link is also done by Mike but, this will explain cursor movement which is very important if you want to get those really deep coins.
The XS all the way through the SE Pro tend to act the same in cursor bounce/fluctuation.
Links explaining cursor flutter/bounce on the Explorer line and what it means.

Keep in mind NO ONES exact settings are probably going to be the exact ones for you but, this is a good start and only time behind the SE will help you decide what works best for your particular area etc.
I for example hunt in Ferrous as opposed to Conductive. So, what works for one might not be for the masses.

Best of Luck and hope I was a little help. :cheers:

Now get out there and:
[attachment 267532 metal_detector.gif]

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1899961,1900128#msg-1900128

X2 on Bryce's program. It's what I run in my SE.