Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm really liking my GPX

Digger70pa said:
I finally sold my 15" Spiral coil.......loved the performance but the weight was starting to wear me down as I hunt for long periods of time.
I have just ordered the Detech 12.5 DD which is only slightly heavier than the stock 11" DD but 300 grams lighter than the 15" spiral !
I have been informed that the 12.5DD can be set hotter than the Spiral 15" DD so depth across most targets will be close.
I will report back later this week when I get to try it out and compare with my results that I recorded from the 15" Spiral DD.

HH
Tony Cool thanks for the info. I see Detech has a 14" round DD coil also. Man If I keep buying coils i'm going to be coil poor lol. I get tired with just using the stock 11" DD coil. I tried a 14" AI coil yesterday. Anyone with any experience can chime in. Every target had a double response. I coildn't use the stock coil because of electric fences.

I haven't seen the 14" DD from Detech.

I'm sorry it was coiltek that has a 14" DD.

Ah yes, Coiltek makes sense.

I posted some small feedback on my new Detech 12.5 DD Closed coil.......things are very favourable so far !

Tony said:
Ah yes, Coiltek makes sense.

I posted some small feedback on my new Detech 12.5 DD Closed coil.......things are very favourable so far !
Ok cool & that coil is water proof also.

I got a Detectorpro detecting pal. It works like a champ. No vest & bungie cord. Easy to connect & disconnect. Ballence the machine great.

Just bought a GPX 5000 for relic hunting and not familiar with settings. Thought you might could tell me how your machine is set up. My ground is not as mineralized as yours but I think It will at least give me something to start with. Thanks for any help and enjoy your posts.

soky72 said:
I run a stock battery on the side of the GPX, can't stand to be tethered. The setup with the 15" coil weighs a ton. I got a H-harness, military or tactical style you can get pretty cheap online and I have a swingy-thingy attached to the detector. It really works well for me. I'm actually going to do a custom battery setup along with a carbon fiber upper shaft to save a little weight. I'm loving the finds with the 15" but still may try the 12x15.
I got a Detector pro Detector pal support system. It's light easy to fit & use. It unhooks from the detector fast & its inexpensive. It balances the machine great. The machine hangs there in the hunting position with no hands on it.

Same here...I like the 11" DD. It has proven a winner at every DIV I've been able attend. Any extra weight beyond that can be challenge.

dblstar said:
Same here...I like the 11" DD. It has proven a winner at every DIV I've been able attend. Any extra weight beyond that can be challenge.
I use my 15" coil when ever I can. It's that much better.

I used the ctx 3030 in all the searches and gpx stood for a long time in the closet after I bought a convenient 18dd commander
since the 11dd original did not show some big signs of depth gain, I dared to get out of the field ... the ground is a strong black ground,
full of stone and antique bricks and pottery .. until then I thought it was a ctx powerful device, but after that day I got up and imagined myself.
just as much as I extracted the material so much it took out gpx with a greater depth .. gpx 5000 is a monster

The first time I hunted with my gpx a fellow was using a ctx 3030. He couldn't hear a 8" bullet while it would blow my headphones off lol. Yes this was with the stock 11"dd coil. It really opened my eyes.

jimmie said:
Nice finds !!!!
Thanks buddy. The Gpx has really opened my eyes to what we've been missing. My good vlf machines are toys compared to it. This is one of my last finds before my health went south again.

I got the little battery 1/2 size of the stock battery and it came with a control box pouch that you carry the battery in it's the best.

u2robert said:
I got the little battery 1/2 size of the stock battery and it came with a control box pouch that you carry the battery in it's the best.
One came with my gpx when I bought it
It only lasts about 2 hours. I like the weight though.

I got the GPX4500 out yesterday & it didn't let me down.

Block A with my 4500.

I'm using my GPX4500 & the 12.5" detec round coil. It seems to really like round targets. This is my latest button dug with this setup.

Just for the record. I owned the GPX 5000 for a couple years to hunt here in Va. I think at one time I had 8 coils. But I keep going back to the stock 11 inch. It is truly one of the best coils I have ever used and it is light. Just hunt slow I can't say that enough. Hunt slow and if you think you are hunting slow cut that in half. You will increase your finds. The GPX is a great machine for relic and even better for gold.HH