Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm sticking with 3.2 version

silverseeker 2

In my opinion I see no need to do the problematic 4.0 version update. When I purchased my
Awesome Deus it came with the 3.2 version and I was in awe with the Deus. She
performs flawlessly. I see the results CZ Connoisseur gets using the 3.2 version
so why change it up to learn new what took time to learn about the 3.2 version.
It works great for me and that's all I care about. I can't justify buying more gizmos
for this new version although the Deus will perform using original stock equipment
with the new version. I only see this update beneficial to U.S. Gold and Relic
hunters willing to shell out "MORE CASH" for more equipment. Not me!!!
I'm sticking with the 3.2 version. Why? Because it WORKS and I see the
Great finds made before the Problematic 4.0 version that "CONFUSED" many...
Soooo, "WHY CHANGE??? NOT ME... 3.2 just Rocks for me...
silverseeker2

I Understand the feeling. There are quite a few guys out there that have never updated to version 3.2 from the original be cause it works for them and that's the important part isn't it.There are a few things there that I think warrant a closer look. One of them is the improved functionality of the tracking mode and the improved detection of iron. Now at this moment I can't say to a 100% that either of the two I mention are in fact better. So sitting back and waiting is a very good approach. Then once all of the 10 minute professionals (me included) are done you can join or pass from an informed position.

Most of 4.0 is definitely geared toward the new stuff but there are some intriguing features that 3.2 doesn't have so I'll stick with it a bit longer. The unsettled weather , bad conditions and worn out sites have kept me from getting out to use it as much as I would like but that should improve soon. The one thing I have continued to NOT like about the 4.0 is the over modulation on shallow targets that degrades the quality of full tones,,,,very important when hunting in heavy modern trash.

It's nice to be able to revert to the 3.2 if that seems to be the better fit. I have read of a number who prefer settings before 3.2 as well although I have never tried them.
Perhaps choosing your programming is XP's answer to limited coil choices;)

V4 works better in identifying deeper targets, and it seems to run quieter in areas already hunted. Still, the very deep targets "up-average" so that small aluminum and other low-conducting items actually indicate a higher VDI at depth vs out of the ground. US nickels are the best example of this - both V4 and V3.2 have this trait but it's just something to keep in the back of your mind while hunting.

Overall V4 is slightly better using identical settings at picking out deep non-ferrous items from iron - coins, beavertails, and foil are better separated from iron targets this way.

The new Reactivity setting of 2.5 works well in trashy areas, IMO it has the separation abilities of Reactivity = 3 in V3.2 but with a little more depth. On the other hand I did manage to dig a LOT of phantom targets last hunt using Reactivity = 2.5, so eventually went back to Reactivity 2.

But V3.2 is no slouch by any stretch - and like Todd said if it works for you, then by all means use what works! :thumbup:

Thanks a million to you guys responding. I know
you guys are proficient Deus users. I've learned
plenty from you guys along with attending Andy's
1rst Boot Camp in Tennessee . Now there's a
guy who knows the Deus. Would like to hear his
Input on what he thinks is the truly better all
around version. One reason I stick with the 3.2
is when I 1rst got my Deus I hit a spot that I knew
these E-Trac users hit in my town. These chumps
told me they got all the silver and goods.Also said
I wouldn't find much. Guess what? The Awesome
Deus proved them wrong.After 2 days I put together
a nice glass case of my finds and from then on my
Deus has never let me down. This site was heavy Iron and the Deus Rocked!!! So the 3.2 version is here to stay!!! JMHO

I kinda wanted to respond to this post but from the perspective of someone who had to listen to all of the Brits complaining first about V2.0 and then V3.0, V3.1, V3.2 (in rapid succession) Along with the guys in the US on V3.?. And I have to sort of laugh when thinking about the old saying "And this to shall pass". All version take on a honeymoon period where you are learning just how and how not to run the Deus. (what works or doesn't work on your sites) I ordered mine from Alain and Natalie from the factory in France, as there wasn't a dealer in the US. I think I ordered it at the end of Feb 2011 and got it about the 10th of April. (it took longer as I wanted the 9 and 13 inch coils and the 13 inch had just been released and I had to wait in line, so to speak) They sold 5 Deus to guys in the States. It was understood that for any warranty work you would have to send it back to France.
At the time the UK forums was the only place that you could get any info or tips on the Deus. And I have to laugh at CT Todd's 10 minute experts comment. Lord knows we had plenty of them a month after the US dealer started selling them. I see V4.0 (for what ever my opinion is worth) as a collection of tweaks that the factory has collected from users all over the world and compromised on what needed to be tweaked for the good of the whole.
Europe as a whole (not just the Brits) is where a huge share of the market is. The US is big but doesn't have the historical sites that need a lot of these tweaks because of the iron and coke. We really have clean ground despite what you think. Their iron is CENTURIES old. I guess I am a bit bias due to my early Deus time spent on the UK forums. And for the most part V4.0 is for the new HF coils, interfacing with the pinpointer and the smartphone app. Only a few things like the 2.5 disc can be used for all. The neg 6.4 disc (or some level of negative disc for me) seems to help on wrap around iron but the jury is still out on that one. We had the XY graph in 3.2 so that is nothing new. Some programs have just been tweaked as default. Nothing that you can't change back to the settings in 3.2.
So anyway for what it is worth, every version has it's doubters that it is an improvement. And like I said, it happens on every version. How many people to you know still running V2.0? LOL I love my Deus and had no issues with the update and have seen what appears to be improvement in depth, noise, and separation. How do you quantify? It is really only an opinion. Just like it is several people opinion that the V4.0 is not good, most like it from those that I have talked to. For all the squeaky wheels there are a lot more of smooth running ones! It is all a matter of perspective.

And this to shall pass,
PryorCreekJoe

Dang Andy your like the old dude in the creepy house on the hill, the first to arrive and been here the longest!

LOL

Great bit of history your shared, pretty cool and I agree 100% with you, 3.0 seems very good to me, and for me, a small learning curve on what is really changed, so far I see targets in "hunted out" places and place I covered in 3.2.

Jim

"Problematic" ? Not really!

I started with V1.0 ...and it was great...BETTER than what I had seen before.

Updated to V2.0 ...and it was even BETTER!

Updated to V3.0...Oppsie...some sound problems ..a bit scratchy..Out came V3.1 a bit better but still a few problems...V3.2 Ahhhh the BEST!

Updated to V4.0....WOW and WOW again! Just love the HOT program so very much! Planning on buying the elliptical coil when available.

XP provides these upgrades for FREE! Coils are a bit on the high side...BUT in my opinion supporting XP and their INNOVATIONS is the way to go!

Thank You XP!

Joe

I don't know if its just me but I'm digging way more fine sounding iron with 4.0 than I did with 3.2. running the disc at -2.5 up to -1.5 , the iron sounds better imo on version 4 than it does on 3.2. Has anyone had the same experience?

DrJoeprime said:
"Problematic" ? Not really!

I started with V1.0 ...and it was great...BETTER than what I had seen before.

Updated to V2.0 ...and it was even BETTER!

Updated to V3.0...Oppsie...some sound problems ..a bit scratchy..Out came V3.1 a bit better but still a few problems...V3.2 Ahhhh the BEST!

Updated to V4.0....WOW and WOW again! Just love the HOT program so very much! Planning on buying the elliptical coil when available.

XP provides these upgrades for FREE! Coils are a bit on the high side...BUT in my opinion supporting XP and their INNOVATIONS is the way to go!

Thank You XP!

Joe

Hey Joe, How are you doing? DrJoeprime, MrWilburo, a guy from San Francisco, a guy from Dallas and I got the first five Deus in the US. At least Alain was said to have told someone that he sold 5 units to guys in the US and we sort of tracked each other down. Joe lives in the Long Beach, Ca area and he and I hooked up 5 years or so ago when I was in California on vacation and have hunted on several occasions since. Great guy by the way. Anyway, his timeline on the versions is spot on. When I ordered mine it was supposed to be V1 but when it arrived it was V2 so I didn't get to experience V1. But once again, the evolution on this machine has been a great trip for sure.

my 2 cents again,
PryorCreekJoe

What program were you using Calabash ?

I have one coming and is V4 so I wont know any different, what made me laugh was people saying no to the update go say that on another well know brands forum :buds:

anyway not here for that but made me giggle here to learn about my new detector and see how I get on with it when it arrives in the mean time plenty to read and watch thanks for everyone who posts here the good bad and better or something like that.

AJ

Strobing_NYC said:
I would highly recommend going up to V4 why would you staying on a outdated firmware for your machine?

And there you have it from the Master.

We have to march on in this hobby of ours or get left behind.

I say that at a very experienced octogenarian.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Gary-B said:
What program were you using Calabash ?
I was running my relic hot program Full tones sens 93 tx 3 ,react 2 and 2.5 , silencer -1 , Ive been changing freqeuncys, disc -2.5 up to - 1.5. Ive made some good finds with version 4 but was struggling the other day with it.