Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Image of the F75

Charlie P. (NY)

This may seem an odd request, but would it be possible for one of you F75 owners to photograph the F75 from a favorable side angle? I've narrowed my next detector down to two - the Minelab Sovereign GT w/meter vs. the Fisher F75. I see many, many comments on various forums of how ugly the F75 is, but I think it may be that the one image repeated throughout the Internet is a squished rear quartering shot that distorts the detector.

Found a very good image of the face plate during a display test on http://www.middlesexdetectorsales.ca

Thanks in advance - and anyone who has swung both the GT and the F75 is very encouraged to speak up and help me sink $950 wisely.

I get a few More later

Picture042-1.jpg

Picture041.jpg

That handle looks sparkling clean. :rofl: Well how do you like it?? I got the test one the other day so far so good. It don't save your setting and that big Sasquach coil is something to get used to. Very fast Processor no matter how fast you swing. I liked that in the trash. First time out hunted for four hours even to sundown. I like the back lite. I dug a few nice ones out of the trash. Some buffs and a few war nickles one Indian and 1 merc. Dug a lot of coins and one junk nugget ring. Nickles hit 28 ,30 depending on depth and corrosion. War nickles 31 to 36 but that is not uncommon. It still retained the Fisher ID on a round pull tab with a beaver tail attached. 25,26,jump to 28,30 hit. The old fishers will hit round pull tab round pull tab bounce to nickle nickle. That is a very old secrete that only us old Fisher guys know and we never tell anyone about that one. OOPS. To late. :rofl: . The smaller round pull tab with a bent over beaver tail will hit nickle every time. Well we can't have every thing. Still playing around on the sq. tabs. versa Indians. Very good on coins on edge but that is a common with machines with large coils. My Fishers with the 10" coil is excellent on deep coins on edge. Only dug one deep qt. at 9"s. 70% of the coins I dug were 5 to 8"s. That is not deep down here. 10 to 14' is more like it here. I am headed to FL. Tomorrow morning and we will see how it handles the beach over there. Oh I like the all metal mode and the Sat mode. The sat mode does not work as good as the Sat mode on the 6000XLPRO. The jewelry mode is noisy as hell and I don't like that. I thought my MXT was noisy. I am going to turn down the threshold some and lets see if it will help some and still get the small stuff and still keep the depth. I was really surprised how well it worked in the trash and iron trash. I didn't get into the real bad stuff yet. We still got to have that 6" coil they are going to make for the F75. It would be nice if it were a 6" DD instead of a 6" concentric. OK got to get some rest got to get my 63 year old butt up and drive 12 hours. Will be in Daytona to help Ron at his booth down there. I am even going to bring a few detectors to sell. Got to thin this herd out some. HH :D: :D: Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

Tinfoil
I been sick several times the last 3-4 weeks and been under the weather. I will put it to the test soon. I have had it and the 6000 XL Pro out Briefly, enough to say that these two new detectors are going to be a Great addition to my arsenal.

http://www.thunting.com/geotech/forums/showthread.php?t=12906

Fellow who goes by Bakergeol posted this on another site. It was compiled by a fellow in Belgium. Takes forever to download on dialup (if you're stuck in the sticks like me) but is worth it. Some of the objects are undecipherable (in Belgian? Flemish?) but things like "Bronzen Ring", "Zilveren Ring" and "Lead Bol" transcend language barriers; though I'm curious what a "Loodje" is - that's the only one the F75 missed on, and at 19cm. In my experience when I drop a loodje I don't want it back, no how.

Anyway, the F75 misses only one object out of the list, and only the Explorer hits them all. Ought to get something for 25% more bucks I would say.

I'm thinkin the F75 don't look bad at all no matter what angle. Thanks for the images. I think my mind is made up and when the kitty is full I'll be joining you. ( I don't buy on credit - old school). And based on the tests and my experience, I ain't givin up my little Musketeer Advantage neither. Good little detector and a great back-up.

Ugly? I think the F75 is the best looking detector made. I like the display by far the best (a little better than the T-2's), with large numbers and all the information it gives you at a glance. The controls are simple and well made. I don't like most of the control buttons on the competing detectors that are under a thin plastic film that can delaminate. The black and gold colors look good together on the F75 also. I like the shape and placement of the battery department and headphone jack being at the rear like that. Most of the other high end detectors took twice as many AA batteries and only got half the battery life as the F75. As someone else on this forum said earlier, "the coil's so hot, it has to have cooling fins on it!"

I've spent many hours checking out all the high end models. I've been reading the different forums, going to each companies websites and talked to owners of a lot of detectors. If these other companies detectors are so good, why do they only give you a two year warranty?

I've held off a month, so I could see how you guys did with yours and to see if they had any bugs to work out like some of the early T-2's. It's been kind of a hard decision to make and I've gone back and forth a little, but for me the F75 has the most to offer. I'm going to order one in the morning, well later in the morning, since it's already
1:00 am. It will be my first detector, since I bought an inexpensive one thirty years ago.

Thanks for all of your messages and private messages that people have sent. They have been very helpful.

HH John