Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Impact Coil Question -

carvlin7

Finally able to find a 7" Concentric for my Impact from the big K...When it arrived, the box had the right label - IM18C - and the scan code on the coil had the same, but the sticker says Makro Racer. As the Racer is a single frequency, I'm worried they aren't interchangeable. Called Kellyco - no luck on a definitive answer - I was told to 'try it and see if it works'...Emailed Nokta but no response yet - any ideas?

If it is a Makro Racer 2 coil, it will have the same connector as on all the Racer/Racer 2 coils. The Impact takes a completely different connector than the Makro Racer or Nokta FORS series models.

If it does happen to be a Racer 2 labeled and connector type 7" Concentric coil, which I need to replace one that was stolen last month, then shoot me an e-mail and I can take care of you on the 7" Concentric for the Impact. I got my 7" Concentric and 5" DD replaced, but on a deal to buy a replacement Impact, it also had the new 7" Concentric coil, thus I have an extra and need a Makro Raver 2 coil. Besides, it'sasier to deal with Big M than it is Big K. :thumbup:

Monte

PM or use an e-mail shown below

carvlin7 said:
Finally able to find a 7" Concentric for my Impact from the big K...When it arrived, the box had the right label - IM18C - and the scan code on the coil had the same, but the sticker says Makro Racer. As the Racer is a single frequency, I'm worried they aren't interchangeable. Called Kellyco - no luck on a definitive answer - I was told to 'try it and see if it works'...Emailed Nokta but no response yet - any ideas?

Hello... we did not receive an email from you but I did get your PM and responded to it.
Basically, Monte is correct. Coils are not interchangeable as the connectors are different.
If you can connect the coil, it means the sticker is wrong which is not a big deal but if you cannot connect the coil, it means the coil is wrong and we would need to get you the right one.

Dilek

Apologies, all - a rather heavy schedule during the holidays season in the theater/symphony world...and no time to hunt!

Many thanks to Monte and Nokta - I was hesitant to use the coil without verification, but with the reassurance that the connectors are different I was able to ascertain that the coil is correct, and the name label is wrong. I have only had a chance to hunt once with it, but I think I'll like this coil once I get more field time with it.