Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Impact on gold rings

Doctorcoinz said:
Any one found a GOLD RING with there impact yet. Are the signals good from GOLD RINGS underground.
Yes, the Impact can handily respond to gold rings. However, it is no different from other detectors in that the ring must be in a reasonably detectable position such as flat-to-the-coil and not at an abrupt 'on-edge' position. Finding gold rings and other jewelry means that we hope the target is in a favorable position and doesn't have any nearby masking trash, and then we have to do our part aw well.

• Make sure we are using the best search coil for the site environment.

• Select the best operating frequency for finding lower-conductive gold jewelry.

• Select the best search mode for the site and that we are comfortable with.

• Ensure that we are not using too much Discrimination since small, thin gold items can be difficult low-conductive targets to find.

• Then the toughest tasks of being patient and working a site in a thorough and methodical manner.

Those are requirements regardless of what detector we have in-hand, but I can assure you that any unit in my Regular-Use Detector Team will handily find gold jewelry, and the new Impact is definitely a performer for virtually any task I encounter. The audio responses I have received so far on the desirable jewelry I have found were very impressive, and with the ability to select from the different search modes, and adjust Tone Breaks as well as Audio Tones as desired, the Impact is my favorite Coin & Jewelry Hunting model in my workable arsenal. :thumbup:

Monte

I have 2 already, thin ladies rings, check my posts. Gold rings always surprise me.