Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Impact settings for US coin hunting

Indiana Mark said:
[size=medium]Can anyone recommend detect mode and settings for coin shooting at long since gone homesites that are now farm fields?[/size]
Those "long gone homesites" you refer to that are now located in farm fields, pastureland or rangeland are some of the types of sites I enjoy finding and hunting.

Sometimes those old sites are not too littered and have ample space between spread-out junk. Other times we can find them to be very trashy, to include dense amounts of nails and other ferrous debris. I like the Impact's GEN mode of all the makes and models I have for some Relic Hunting use. There will be times when I might make use of the DEEP mode on the Impact. But for 90% or more of my detecting in such applications, I rely on the Di-2 and Di-3 Two-tone and Three-Tone search modes.

I will use the 2-Tone mode for all my hunting in the more open and sparse-target areas, such as trying to locate a former structure and activity site. Once I have found the sites and determined the amount of debris present, I will either stay in 2-Tone or switch to 3-Tone .. referring to Di-3.

You can tinker with all the other search modes on the Impact, but mine has all my preferred settings saved and it is set to turn-on in the Di-3 / Three-Tone mode as I use that mode and the 7" Concentric coil for the bulk of my hunting needs. Here are my Di-2 and Di-3 mode settings:

Di-2:
95 .. Gain
03 .. Discrimination
02 .. Ferrous Volume
15 .. Tone Break
15 / 50 .. Audio Tones
01 .. iSAT

Di-3:
99 .. Gain
03 .. Discrimination
02 .. Ferrous Volume
15 / 62 .. Tone Break
15 / 40 / 70 .. Audio Tones
01 .. iSAT

You might like these or you can make adjustments as desired and to suit your hearing abilities.

Monte

I happen to have very high mineralised ground in my state and have found only the Nokta Impact can easily ground balance without altering the general settings preset in each mode.Hence no loss of depth.DEEP is the best mode for depth in clean sites for large coins .DI3 gets the strongest and more stable signals. GEN is the best for very tiny objects at shallow depth down to 4/5 inches, and has iron discrimination with a low tone.I dont use ID numbers in GEN as in this soil they fluctuate widely.