Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

impact update question

pax

I looked to see what software version my impact is and the screen showed 1.14 and then a 12 in small screen , is this the latest version? thanks

You are currently on the update from (27.07.2017 There is a newer one.

Software Update (03.11.2017)
Download : R2_V1.16_V1.14 (System Software V1.16 / LCD Software V1.14)
Updates Made : With this software version, the number of WiFi channels on your detector has been increased and an ''off'’ position has been added (shown with ‘’oF’’ on the screen).
The new RED EDITION of the 2.4GHz wireless headphones will ONLY work with IMPACT Software version R2_V1.16_V1.14 or later versions.
When you are not using the wireless headphones, keeping the WiFi connection of your detector off is recommended.

IMPORTANT! If you do not have the RED EDITION of the 2.4GHz wireless headphones but an older version and would like to upgrade your detector with this software version, please check the WiFi channel of your detector first and make sure that it is NOT set to channel 4 or 5 but to one of the channels between 0-3 before uploading the software to your detector!

I am trying to update my Impact to the latest version as well (20171031_Impact_R2_V1.16_V1.14). My issue is I can not get my pc to detect, download, and install the drivers necessary for the impact to be detected. I've tried the update process on 2 different computers, both with the same results. I've installed the current file from Notka, extracted and installed the update tool, ran the tool and selected the .bin update file, plugged the Impact in, but its not being detected. Has anyone else ran into this. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

Figured it out by reading another post. Apparently the usb that came with my impact was the issue. It would power the machine but wasnt allowing it to be recognized. I tried a beefier usb cable (one I use with my Go Pro) and it update process worked.
Hope that helps.

Ryan