Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Impact volume question

Rick(ND)

I haven't used mine other than a couple of times and when waving a target across the coil it have a nice tone and volumes, but put on the headphones and it is very hard to hear with both the volume on the Impact and those of the headphones at max. Now I am hard of hearing which don't help, but always seem to find a set of headphones that work for me. I tried the Troy Pros which is one of my better volume headphones and the Bushmaster's which is one I can use on my Sovereign and the Explorers and even tried my Timber-wolfs I normally use on my Sovereign for volume and tones. I tried my Uni Probe headphones that also seems to work on most all of them, but on the Impact they all seem to have the same volume which is not very loud for me. On my Racer 2 I don't remember having a problem with the volume so wonder if anyone notice this and also any headphones that have good volume on the Impact.
I would hate to sell it for that reason, but I need to hear the signals well in order to make it do what it is design to do.

Rick

Try a lower speaker ohm headphone, say 8 to 32 ohm

don't have a problem with any of the detectors I keep on-hand for all types of hunting. That includes several of my favorite Tesoro's, my Makro Racer 2 and my six Regular-Use Nokta devices ... two each of the Impact, Relic and CoRe models.

I have the Volume set at the maximum loudness on each of my detectors that are adjustable, and if I need to balance the intensity per ear, I use the adjustable ear cup controls on my headphones that have them. I have difficulty hearing different frequencies, and generally have unacceptable results with corded headphones that use 8, 16 or 32 ohm speakers. They have a more 'muffled' sort of audio. I do use the Nokta/Makro 2.4 Gig wireless headphones with my Impact's and Racer 2 during this high heat of summer as they are more comfortable and reduce sweating, and in densely brushed sites I don't have any snagging.

The 2.4 Gig wireless headphones use a 32 ohm speaker and while I really like their comfort and fit, the audio is still clear and functional, but not as loud and sharp as I wish it was. A 'back-up' headphones that I do use at times is the White's Pro Star which have the tank-style ear cups like my preferred headphones, and they use 50 ohm speakers. They are 'louder-sounding' than lower impedance headphones.

My personal favorites are the Killer B 'Hornet' model that also have 'tank-style' ear cups for more comfort and blocking out more outside noise and wind w/o pressing hard on my ears. Like the other Killer B headphones they use 150 ohm speakers and produce a louder and crispier audio response that I hear much better and enjoy most of the time. Even when I use the limiter switch in sites with a lot of surface/shallow targets it is still louder and more functional than headphones with lower impedance speakers.

Monte

I have VA supplied hearing aids and I found that with the headphones that came with the Impact the volume is low even with the volume knob turned up all the way. I have the wireless ones ordered but I guess that they are not in general production yet so I tried the ones that came with my CTX3030 and they are louder and sound pretty good. I don't know what the impedance is on them but if you can get a pair to try see if they help. GL & HH

I think that something is different with the Impact and my Red Racer2 as I tried many different headphone today (8 ohms, 16 ohms and 32 ohms) plus all my 150 Ohms and they all have the same volume for me which is not enough. I got a audio amp from Doc several years ago and worked good on my Explorer as it made the volume much better so I tried it on the Impact and it too has the same volume no mater if is on or off and when the controls are adjusted it still makes no different in the volume. I tried it on my Sovereign and it make quite a difference, so I wonder if there is a volume limiter on the Impact and the Red Racer2.
My hearing is what they call severe and prolong which the next step is Cochlear implants. I have to detect without the aid as they give feedback if I try to use them with the headphones and would like to come up with something that will work.

I wonder what the tech at Makro and Nokta can say on this.

Rick

might as well email Nokta and ask directly to see if they can help. they are very responsive. good luck. keep us posted.

Rick(ND) said:
I think that something is different with the Impact and my Red Racer2 as I tried many different headphone today (8 ohms, 16 ohms and 32 ohms) plus all my 150 Ohms and they all have the same volume for me which is not enough. I got a audio amp from Doc several years ago and worked good on my Explorer as it made the volume much better so I tried it on the Impact and it too has the same volume no mater if is on or off and when the controls are adjusted it still makes no different in the volume. I tried it on my Sovereign and it make quite a difference, so I wonder if there is a volume limiter on the Impact and the Red Racer2.
My hearing is what they call severe and prolong which the next step is Cochlear implants. I have to detect without the aid as they give feedback if I try to use them with the headphones and would like to come up with something that will work.

I wonder what the tech at Makro and Nokta can say on this.

Rick

No probs for me using any of my headphones - plenty of volume, actually I turn the volume control down a bit when coin hunting.

I use pro fold headphones.
Nice volume.

Folks need to remember at max vol overload tone I think gets lowered.
At mid levels vol overload tone is louder.

Believe it or not... This past weekend while hunting, I destroyed my Killer B's cord and the originals from Nokta. I had stepped on them a couple of times severely and the connection from the plugs to both were severed. I know, but I have big feet...I happened to stop at a store we have here called "Odd Lots" to see what a band-aid I could have as not to ruin my plans. I bought a set of headphones for $10 and another for $5. To tell the truth, they are the best I have heard from my detector!!!! The big problem is the cord length , it is only 4 ft so I have to remove them or unplug to dig. While I wait for the correct replacements, these will always stay in my car as backups. BTW both sets fold up and consume no extra space in my backpack. If you have this store in your state, stop in to pick up 5-10 $ band-aids.

I've been very fortunate, I haven't stepped on my headphone cords for quite some time. I'm loving my Makro wireless headphones. :clapping:

I have a back-up set of corded White's Pro Star's that have a short in the cable and they need to go to White's for the Lifetime Replacement or repair. :stretcher:

My favorite headphones, the Killer B Hornet's, are working fine on any of my detector arsenal. :thumbup:

But most of the time, especially with the summer heat [size=small](should be another hot day today of about 104°)[/size] my Impact is no problem to use at all because I use the Nokta/Makro 2.4 Gig wireless that work quite well. :hot:

I'm still waiting for the wireless phones to come in....:sadwalk: Question on those. Does the impact transmit directly to the phones? I know there is a toggle for it. Why is there a choice of 0-5 there? Is there a transmitter or antennae that plugs in? I have found no information on these questions. I know it is not Bluetooth 2.4ghz but 2.4 Radio. There are 2.4ghz radio headphones out there and I wonder if they would pair with the detector.... :help:

The Impact has the transmitter built into it so there is no dongle required like is needed on the Racer 2 and Gold Racer. The 0-5 is the frequency, if you will, that allows multiple Impact or Racer 2 users to be able to detect close to each other without interference. You could be on 01 and me on 02 and be able to hunt in the same area for instance.

Thank you so much! Great info!!! I just need to wait until they are available... Again Thanks!