Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Important: Please Help ASAP

dmitchstevens

Our rights are being taken away one at a time. Today its in my state tomorrow its Your's. Please sign this petition to lift the ban on metal detecting in Louisville, Ky Parks

http://www.petitiononline.com/louban/petition.html

I dont know mitch... i think, who ever wrote it, took it in a wrong direction at the end there my friend. Threats rarely move most people in power. I think the first part was clearly something they may have looked at and taken serious along with a request for an explanation of the ban. With an explanation you may have gotten a foot in the door on how to fight the ban. Is there a club in Louisville? Is the person submitting this getting legal advice? Are there any legal rights organizations in the area who might be willing to put some visible teeth to your request? Has anyone written any of the Congressmen? Has anyone used the new papers by doing an article? Even the recommendation of a permit might sway some since here in Ind thats done in the State Parks with a season. Wheres the Federation of Metal Detecting at in this? Someone needs to find out why first then put together a good brief and try and get some face time with the Major. Please dont take this negatively because i think bans like this are just stupid. I mean the mowers, kids digging, animals, golfers, and sports activities do a LOT more damage to the parks than we could ever do. We have a couple places here in Ind. that i know of ... but people dont care or dont know how to approach these bans. Whats bad is we pay taxes for these public lands and normally there is just one person like the park director who made this decision.

Dew

Ok... now im ticked off. I just went to sign this action and found i couldnt..... why because i had already signed it. The club seems active in what they are doing... but this isnt right. Im old but i know what i sign.

Dew

dmitch..... sorry for all the questions and my initial reply. I see the local club is getting this together. I took the time to read all i could on this. But.... i have sent them a message about how they got my signature on this action without my permission. My mail came back.... their Email addy has been removed.

Dew