Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Impressed with the Classic IDX

PaulWv

I bought a IDX just to use as a back up but It might end up as my main detector.
I took my Eagle2 out in the garden after I cleared it off and decided to check out the depth against the IDX,So I had a 10" loop on my Eagle and went slow and got a target that read coin at 8".Well with the 10" loop it would be deeper than the meter reads.This is the blue Eagle with the update and the 8" loop is standard)Then I tried the Mark1 and it was about the same...Then I tried the IDX and it read coin but weak and kindof clicked so I ground balanced it and WOW! locked right on coin better than the other 2 detectors...So I started digging and at 10" I found this dime,might be the deepest coin I have ever found in over 25 years.I made sure the coin wasn't on the side as I made one BIG hole.Then I started detecting with the IDX and got a lock on coin and very weak in all metal but a good lock on coin.I then tried the Eagle and it rejected it.Then I went in the house and got my wife's Fishers CZ5 and it only picked up the dime in one direction and showed pull tab,But the fishers only had the 8" loop on it.
Anyhow after digging 8" was the I.H.Penny...The ground is very dry here ...Hasnt rain for over a month.
Well,I am going to send in my IDX to Mr. Bill for the mods but it will have to be later when it gets cold...
Paul WV

What Mods are you getting done if you have manual ground Balance on it already?
I just bought a used Classic IDX and also just love it. It goes deep and the meter is very accurate even on deep coins. Dug a Clad dime at 8 inchs, thought that was pretty good. Even without headphones it was real loud.

Hi,
No I haven't had any mods done to it yet.I just adjusted the ground balance on the small pot inside of the detector under the made in USA sticker.Mr. Bill also adds a boost circuit.
Paul

With its flash technology may be the best bang for the buck in the business..Mr. Bill has been around the hobby for years and only know him thru E-mails but his mods only make a good detector better..

That's why I have had either a Classic III Plus, Classic II SL or IDX/IDX Pro in my personal battery almost full-time for about a dozen years now.

Personally, I use one of the 6