Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Impressed with the Cortes!

thump7

Managed to get out a few times this week with the Cortes, I am very impressed with this machine! Sensitive and as deep as I want to dig.
Today I got the silver quarter, tombac nickel and penny in one hole. I have wanted to find one of those tombac nickels for a while and today was the day!
Only a couple quarters were mediocre deep, deepest one was about 7" and it gave a nice signal.
The Cortes has put the fun back into detecting for me! Thank-you Tesoro!!

Fresh out of the hole (1918 )
[attachment 311028 image.jpg]

Today's dig
[attachment 311029 image.jpg]

And the group shot
[attachment 311034 image.jpg]

What a day!:cheers: I like seeing those fresh hole shots! keep-um coming. What were your settings?

tabman

Nice finds. It always makes my day when I find one of those coins that is on the list. I second what tabman says. I enjoy seeing those fresh out of the hole shots. I think I will start taking more of them with my smart phone. I found a free app to edit the size so I can post them on findmall. Keep posting the finds and good luck to you in your future hunts. Just out of curiosity. How is the soil up your way? I wanted a Deleon at one point but worried about mineralization and so I bought 2 detectors with manual ground balance. HH

Nice quarter! Dug a Canadian 1907 quarter myself (first silver of the yr this season). Dig a few canadian silvers, fishies , etc. around here being close to the border. No offense to my Canadian brothers but I get a little peeved when I dig your coins as they screw me out of a Barber....lol You probably look at it the same when you dig US stuff....lmao!

Dirtdigger33 said:
Nice finds. It always makes my day when I find one of those coins that is on the list. I second what tabman says. I enjoy seeing those fresh out of the hole shots. I think I will start taking more of them with my smart phone. I found a free app to edit the size so I can post them on findmall. Keep posting the finds and good luck to you in your future hunts. Just out of curiosity. How is the soil up your way? I wanted a Deleon at one point but worried about mineralization and so I bought 2 detectors with manual ground balance. HH

My dirt seems pretty good, mostly black loam. Some places have some mild mineralization. I am surprised at how it can be run with sensitivity maxed right out and still be reasonably stable. Another nice thing about the cortes - if the ground was to get real nasty it can be ground balanced and used in the all-metal mode, the tid display will still work and targets can be discriminated visually.
If you could send me the link where you edit your pics would be nice. I had a heck of a time trying to get the pics right for this post.

To make the pictures the right size on my home computer I use a program that came on my computer called windows live photo gallery. You can probably download it if you google it. I just googled it and it appears they have a mobile app as well now. It is pretty simple once you get the hang if it. You can crop the picture how you want it and resize it to the smallest size and findmall accepts it. My last post I used my smart phone and a free app down loaded from the App Store called picshop. It is the lite version and has its limitations, but you can still crop and choose the smallest size without compromising too much on quality. Check out my post recently here on the tesoro forum called short hunt, Found a little Tennessee pride on the Virginia side to see a picture taken with a smart phone and edited with picshop free app. Good luck. If you need any more info feel free to pm me or post questions on here. HH

Open a photo bucket account . Whenever you want to post a picture add it to Photobucket and copy and paste the link here. There are four link choices , use the bottom one .