Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Impulse AQ in TNQ !

Ozleif

Despite a few hurdles with obtaining an Impulse AQ earlier on, conditions changed for the better when it became available directly from Fisher FT. ;)
Now in use on our northern tropical beaches. (y)

:cheers:

Snap_2021.06.21_09h50m17s_600.jpg

Congratulations! I hope it goes well and you got an extra battery.
Tie the coil cable straight up the shaft for at least 12 to 18 inches (not wrapped but run straight up and tied with three of four velcro or other soft straps) ... it makes a difference with induced noise and a little on how hot you can run it. If you got the factory clip on cable holders, use them. My first AQ did not have them, my second one did ... just not as many as I would like so I added some velcro straps.

I see some people do and some that do not, I have tried both ways.
Guess my ears are to old to notice any difference.

I see some people do and some that do not, I have tried both ways.
Guess my ears are to old to notice any difference.
If you get salt water movement around the coil and cable, the routing makes a difference. In still water with slow coil sweeps, it did not matter much for me. Introduce salt water movement (waves) when you are well into the water and it makes a difference. If you are working wet or dry sand and not getting wet, doesn't make a difference that I noticed.