Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

In a Quandry

Shuffler

Hi'a guys,(and gals)... I am in a quandry.... I have an MXT and love it, I understand it's language and do well with it...my only problem is that there are times when i go to the lake and the beach.... I am quite afraid of a mis-step and dunking the thing in the water..... therefore, a water detector is on my list of things to buy..... I really like the looks of the excal,,,, BUT,,, it seems to have a couple of features that are not so great..(to me)... first of all,,,, no digital readout to help identifiy targets.....also, i've read some of your posts on the battery pack....what is with that????....any of your input about the excal , or other submersable detectors would be greatly appreciated...... I have some bucks in my pocket that are burning. thanks again.... Gene:bouncy:

gene

take a look at the beach hunter id by the same maker of the mxt.....................i heard it was an mxt in a waterproof box

ask around and see

who wants all that other junk while hunting in the water anyway.................jus listen to what your ears are telling u and get to digging

:)

The Exal is an excellent water machine. If you take the time to learn it, as BBS Technology is different than other machines. I do no know of a water machine that is submersible that has a digital readout screen. I had a bit of a hard time with that myself. However once you get used to using your ears you will be a much better treasure hunter. I have had no problem with the batteries.

thanks very much for the input....... the excal is on sale this week and will probably be the final link to me buying it..... the beach hunter id was a thought but the minelab machine is kinda different from wha't i'm used to and just may be the ticket..... the 27 frequencys are quite intriguing also...........thanks again........ Gene:cheers:

You will very quickly learn the tones on the Excal and know a quarter, a penny, a nickel, and a gold ring when you hear it. Meters are worthless on beach machines anyway, as gold rings and aluminum trash are often identical to one another signal-wise. But it's nice to have a good tone ID system to let you know if what you are fighting the surf for is very likely to be a gold ring or very likely to be a quarter. The Excal will do that for you and also give you 95% accuracy in IDing bottlecaps and a few other things once you know the tones. Which will be in a few hunts.

One other thing...the BBS machines (Excal and Sovereign) are 17 frequency units, not 27. The FBS machines (Explorer and Quattro) are 28 frequencies.

HH!

I stand corrected.... it also amazes me that you can tell a pulltab from a gold ring by the sound....... looks like a new detector in my future........thanks again for all of your good knowledge........Gene