Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

In recent test 7" widescan out performs 8x9 concentric:detecting:

Up untill today , the 8x9 coil was my favorite Now i did a test whith three dimes 1st was buried at 1.5" then the 2nd at 3" and the 3rd at 4.5" and all spaced 1ft aprt now my soil has no aorganic matter in it its sand and i would describ it as having a fair amout of mineralization now whith the golden umax at minimum sensitivity i got a good clear signal on the 1st dime the second was good BUT i was getting a low tone in a fast sweep and would have to slow it down to get the high tone of the dime to come thru but would still get some low tone mixed in I may have passed this over thinking it was iron or foil now on the 3rd all was totaly silent now i know that a freshly buried coin will not give as good a signal as one that has sat in the ground for a wile BUT hear is the cool thing i changed to the 7" widescan and on the 1st nice clear high tone very clear and easier to pinpoint then on the 3" dime that was giving the low high tones now it was comeing in clear as crystal nice sweet clear high tone no low tone highjaking the hightone then i sweepth it over the 4.5" dime and just barly got a flicker of sound so i turned up the treshould to 3o clock and the sens to 8 and i was amazed i was getting a clear high tone signal whith no low at all and yet whith the 8x9 whith the sens cranked i did not even get a sound this is proof positive to me the widscan handles the minerals far better which resulted in nice clear tones and much greater depth and this coil pinponts better than the 8x9 they say the widescan sees 30% les ground affect i would say that is trueSO RESULTS OF INVESTIGATION 7" widescan on the Golden umax will greatly improve your tones and get yu greater depth and the ability to navigate trash whith good seperation I highly recommend this coil GUNNAR

Glad you found a combination that looks like a killer in your conditions!
Can't wait to see what you find!
tvr

I'm a fan of both the concentric and widescan 7" coils for the umax series. I haven't done a comparison such as you did, however. Your observation is good info to beware of.
HH
BB

Ground balance setting with the 7" wide-scan coil than with the 8X9 coil in your soil. That, alone can make a difference.

Also, you mentioned using a fast sweep and also suggested you have mineralized ground. The Tesoro detectors are a dedicate slow-=motion discriminate circuit design. in neutral to low mineralization you can get by with a little extra sweep speed, but in challenging ground a too-fast sweep speed can swamp the filtering circuitry with too much ground signal to allow processing to pass along a mixed target signal.

It could also suggest that you have a poor-performing 8X9 coil as well. Tesoro's are not necessarily depth demons in mineralized ground, but I would have expected the Golden