Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

In The Philippines

ken ward

My wife and I live here in the Philippines from December till the end of March. I dont like that cold any better than the rest of you.
I thought I would send you all a warming picture of our BANANA tree. They are not ready to eat yet.. Maybe in a couple mounths they will be ready. Here in the Philippines we have 9 types of bananas..I dont want to say anything about warm weather.. ... KEN

Ha! Ha! :cry: Oh Man! A green tree that not plastic! Wow its been a while...this winter, the end of March may not be long enough to avoid this mess Ken...Are you getting any hunting in?
Mud

This has been one of those winters where no one in the states with the exception on Southern Cal and Key West stayed warm. One cold winter for sure! Glad you escaped. :cheers:

Ha, I didn't know there were that many types of bananas...do they taste very different from one another?

Wow Ken...Great place to escape the cold! Over 7000 islands, year round beach weather and fantastic diving waters. Are you able to get some detecting in? Had an old college buddy that asked me to go on a diving trip there in the late 70s....I could not, but he did and never came back. He lived in Manila, Luzon, and ???...last I heard he ended up in a smaller southern island. Where are you? What's the place like these days? Safe for tourist , or depends where you are? Good luck, Stay safe.

Steve O said:
Ha, I didn't know there were that many types of bananas...do they taste very different from one another?
Many different tast... I like the very tiny ones. About 3" long. Very sweet.. We have some you can not eat them raw. You boil them. There is one they slice up and fry.. Them are real good...Many of them taste the same as in the states... KEN

Hi BobO.. I am on the island of luzon. About 40 miles no east of Manila... Right now We dont have a vehical. It is hard to get any place.. We do have a van we will rent that we are going to the South China Sea for a week. I tried detecting a couple places around where we live,, The trash here is very bad. I will try to hunt for about an hour.. You might get lucky and find a coin,, You need a wheel barrow to hall out the trash.... I will wait till we go to the Beach resort... KEN

Ken in the early 60's I visited Subic Bay a number of times and Manila one time while on a 9 month westpac deployment. I remember how WARM it was when we were there.

I spent three years in Puerto Rico and enjoyed the variety of bananas. There was one that the locals called a "Pina Banana" (pineapple banana) or Apple Banana. It was our favorite we would buy a whole stalk at a time.

I still have some pictures from Olongapo (spelling). I would not recognize anything after all these years.

Hope the beach trip is productive for you.

Olongopo is still there. It is growing. Still a lot of beaches.. Man are they ever full of trash. If you were there you should know what I mean... The people are wonderful. They just do not have any respect for any kind of property.. My wife has family there. So we go about 2 thims while we are here. Did you know if you drag a magnet on a string myou will pick up the 1 Peso coin... KEN

Ken I was detecting a older home site in Wv. I had found one merc and was very optimistic that I would find more silver if the grass was not so tall. Young man that gave me permission to detect the property found out that the grass was too tall for me to be able to detect and came and mowed the yard. That evening my first target was a twenty centavos coin from the PI. I knew exactly what I had found as soon as it came out of the dirt as I had one in my coin box that I picked up in the PI back in the 60's. Made me wonder how the coin got from the PI to WV. Former owner had died a number of years before and the property was owned by his grand daughter. Found one more merc and a rosie in the front of the house. Ran out of time and did not get to finish the back yard.

Our "Rednecks" in South Carolina would rather throw trash on the ground than walk 10 feet to a trash can. City and County parks are a haven for pull tab, can slaw, bottle tops and other assorted trash. Sorting targets out of the trash in some of our parks can be quite difficult. If one were to dig everything it would take many days to make any progress. And by the time one had finished it would be time to start over again.

GeorgeinSC said:
Ken I was detecting a older home site in Wv. I had found one merc and was very optimistic that I would find more silver if the grass was not so tall. Young man that gave me permission to detect the property found out that the grass was too tall for me to be able to detect and came and mowed the yard. That evening my first target was a twenty centavos coin from the PI. I knew exactly what I had found as soon as it came out of the dirt as I had one in my coin box that I picked up in the PI back in the 60's. Made me wonder how the coin got from the PI to WV. Former owner had died a number of years before and the property was owned by his grand daughter. Found one more merc and a rosie in the front of the house. Ran out of time and did not get to finish the back yard.

Our "Rednecks" in South Carolina would rather throw trash on the ground than walk 10 feet to a trash can. City and County parks are a haven for pull tab, can slaw, bottle tops and other assorted trash. Sorting targets out of the trash in some of our parks can be quite difficult. If one were to dig everything it would take many days to make any progress. And by the time one had finished it would be time to start over again.
Thats a cool find.. We dont have the 20 peso coin anymore. Who knows how it got their.. KEN

Ken
My wife is from Camiguin Island..In the top 20 of places to visit in the Phils..
If you get a chance check it out....Absolutely Gorgeous place!
Found my best treasure there!!

Philippines Top 20 places to visit