Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

In Virginia with Vista X

Digging up history. Something else. One question, besides all the relics iron, beld plates. bullets etc. Do you Civil War hunters ever come across many rings, coins in use of the day.. Confederate coinage. Just wondering. Oh and well done video.

Digging up history. Something else. One question, besides all the relics iron, beld plates. bullets etc. Do you Civil War hunters ever come across many rings, coins in use of the day.. Confederate coinage. Just wondering. Oh and well done video.
I've found a few wedding rings and coins from Civil war and pre Civil war. I dug a coin spill of 12 Indian Head cents, 1864-1902. A few large cents 1827-35. A flying eagle cent, 1864 2 cent piece. My oldest is the 1776 2 reale dug at the Bermuda Hundred Campaign. All while relic hunting.

I was hunting years ago with a friend and we were digging many relics in a field when he dug a war nickel. I believe it was either an 1862 or 1863 nickel. The relics we were finding was from 1864 and we agreed that due to its date it could have been dropped by a soldier. This was one of the only war coins that I can remember being saved, but many other hunters have found war coins.

In the movies someone is always knocking off the Gold troop payroll. I wonder if the soldiers were paid in script? .Causing the lack of coins being found.

In the movies someone is always knocking off the Gold troop payroll. I wonder if the soldiers were paid in script? .Causing the lack of coins being found.
Quite the contrary. I have found 3 gold coins and minty seated and trimes hunting early war camps in the mid atlantic

Quite the contrary. I have found 3 gold coins and minty seated and trimes hunting early war camps in the mid atlantic
Tex , three golds that's some thing to be proud of. Hunting out these sites just don't happen does it? A lot of research I'd bet.

Tex , three golds that's some thing to be proud of. Hunting out these sites just don't happen does it? A lot of research I'd bet.
I started detecting in 1969. We found many Civil War Camps during this time. Union soldiers were paid in gold and silver coins.

In the last issue :)
Is not marked "VistaX" :), but we all know that this is the unit. Enjoy!

Chuck - issue 1.jpg

Chuck - issue 2.jpg