Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Inca

Hey Y'all, Any of you Inca users still out there tried Power Balancing? I know Monte could give us some advice on that! Haven't used mine in a while and if I remember correctly, the Inca hit some pretty deep coins for me. Any improvement in the GB should really make it a depth hog !Just a though that I had and thought I would pass it on . Thanks, and HH, Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I've owned the INCA for quite a few years, mine happens to be a hot version, this was confirmed by Monte in some conversation we had about the INCA. It air tests a clad dime at 9" with the 8" concentric coil in the house. The INCA has found silver dimes at depths of 6 to 8 inches deep in the ground with strong signals. As far as using the "power balance" method, I have found that it does not improve the performance in my mild Kansas soil. I've tried it and doing this ground balance offset into the negative does not help but actually impairs the all-metal mode as the threshold audio is gone. I'm not saying that it is not good technique to use in more mineralized ground that Monte deals with, just that power balancing ain't that great in my ground.

Hi Charlie....I left out the settings on the air test,

I was using the motion discrimination mode using MIN. Disc.,.... Sensitivity near maximum,,,,,Threshold at a just audible volume and Ground Balance as last used outside. The INCA has a very loud audio report and this carries over to the headphones when in use, I just love the audio on this machine. In the quiet woods a person does not need headphones, it would also make for a good video because of the loud audio. I need to pull mine out of storage and use it very soon as the weather improves......HH

Randy

Thanks Randy, That's what I was wondering about, if anything was actually gained/or lost by doing the Power Balance. Think I will stay with regular GB after hearing your thoughts! I always had good hunts with the Inca and enjoyed using it but getting older and having those other lighter Tesoros' I naturally began leaving the Inca to hang on the wall. I will have to give it a short hunt or two and see what turns up. I will have to re learn it from scratch again but I'm sure it will all come back to me pretty quick. Don't remember what mine air tested too, but remember that I had no complaints! Have to check it out now and see just how "Hot" it is compared to yours. Lol, I hope it's close!! Thanks a lot and HH, Charlie

Cibola question -having done mod to my cibola (works great ) i ordered the 10" Elliptical Widescan Search Coil with Long Cable (4 Pin)
can or could i cut the cable length to normal length (stock coil length)...thanks for any help / p.s if you have a modded Cibola tune it to just barely positive and it will hit on small jewelry Hard (even on ear posts)

well just put the 10"x 5" Elliptical Widescan Search Coil with Long Cable (4 Pin)
on my MODDED cibola,went out in a area ive gone over 6 times,it produced 9 more coins ,dimes still down 7-8 inches
excellent coil for tough areas,strong solid signals,pin pointing, need a little practice with this coil ,you will tend to hit a few more tabs,but thats ok....rings sing out about the same as a tab