Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

incredible

pierre87

[attachment 339434 deniercesarf27122016.jpg][attachment 339435 deniercesarp27122016.jpg]find this morning, this beautifull denarius from Gaius Julius Caesar! It was on the side and the sound was medium but thanks to the xterra!
silver, 18mm for 3,87gr

Julius Caesar, 100-44 BC. Silver denarius, struck April-August 49 BC. Elephant advancing right, trampling on horned serpent, CAESAR in exergue / Emblems of the pontificate: simpulum, aspergillum, securis, and apex.

That is a very nice find. We don't have coins that old over here. Congratulations on a very nice find.

Pierre, where are you situated to find such ancient coins ? What was the VID number on the X-Terra ? It would be the find of a lifetime for me.

dfmike said:
Pierre, where are you situated to find such ancient coins ? What was the VID number on the X-Terra ? It would be the find of a lifetime for me.
i'm in the south-west of France near Charente. The VID was26-32 non stable but i'm curious so i dig. I find the coin in a field near a passage of a river and you know that romans give a coin to the river at every passage. I think that the river went into the field and transport some coins in it.

Pierre, that is an awesome find! I bet you were smiling wide when ya found it and realized what it was! Man, finding that coin would be the equivalent of me finding a pine, oak or willow tree shilling!! Congrats on the super find and thanks for sharing it with us! HH

Emmett

WoodsWalker said:
Pierre, that is an awesome find! I bet you were smiling wide when ya found it and realized what it was! Man, finding that coin would be the equivalent of me finding a pine, oak or willow tree shilling!! Congrats on the super find and thanks for sharing it with us! HH

Emmett

i see what you mean

[attachment 339454 6473cd4eaf1642892effdc76d9566aa8.jpg]

Merci, salutations du Quebec.

No chance in hell of us finding this here but it's always an eye opener to see these specimens from another time.

that's amazing to find something that small from so long ago.

back when that thing was struck, we still had live dinosaurs roaming the land here in the U.S. :razz:

great find.

mike.

dfmike said:
Merci, salutations du Quebec.

No chance in hell of us finding this here but it's always an eye opener to see these specimens from another time.

you can make some vikings finds! who know roman?

Your finds are nothing short of astounding Pierre. Congratulations on another spectacular coin! :clapping: