Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Indian Angus and the cat head point treasure! true story!

Back in 1871 a time of sailing ships and steamers and giant white pines still lined the shores of lake michigan, chicago had its great fire, started by a cow. While the city was burning down mass looting of gold and silver bars and coinage was taken from banks and treasuries . this stolen loot was reported to have been loaded on a sailing ship or steamer and sailed up the Michigan side heading towards the manitou island passage , A story has been told many years ago by native americans from north western michigans leelanau county that during a dark stormy night a sailing ship anchored off cat head point , and a small boat came ashore and the men were arguing about something while they were burying it OK now I know what your thinking this sounds like any other treasure tail. Yes it does. But! I waterhound have some very interesting information about this possible treasure, you see l grew up in northern michigan in grand traverse county and leelanau county where cat head point is . I've hiked the sleeping bear dunes lake shore with my dad before it was a national park , and when gordon lightfoot said lake Michigan steams like a dream , its true ! The lake michigan side of leelanau county screams I'm a treasure hide me here. Angus sears was a Indian friend of are family when I was 5 or 6 years old , and was from sault Canada. he was a pulp wood cutter and came to leelanau county to see Indian relatives and cut wood . he had found out from indians in leelanau county about the treasure site and for many years used a Geiger counter detector to look for the chicago fire gold . Angus was a hard working honest man, a catholic and religious . One day my parents said Angus came to are home after a treasu
re hunt on cat head point and was visibly shaken ! And when asked what was wrong he said he found the treasure but a spirit scared him off ! That's right! Angus sears soon left the area and never came back . Now my parents were so convinced that angus experienced something supernatural and never knew him to be dishonest , started looking for the treasure themselves on weekends they would pack up us kids in a station wagon and head off to cat head point. So! Now cat head point is mostly private with big high dollar vacation homes, and a person might be able to walk the shoreline but detecting would be forbidden , but l do believe that sometimes souls are chained to their consequences of their covetous greedy deeds until judgment day , PS anyone with me , a spirit can't hurt you ? Waterhound

Thanks Ron for responding back, yes its sad that the wealthy takes all the good shoreline or national parks ,I guess some treasure are not Kent to be found, waterhound

Been in hospital for a while...

I would love to think that is a real possibility for treasure... but the skeptic in me.... Well I have heard similar tales and they all turned out to be just that.. tales.

But I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.. Many thanks

Micheal

That's an interesting tale, made more interesting by the fact that you have ties to the area. Too many treasure tales are handed down from person to person until truth is indistinguishable from fiction.

I can record this story in https://mobile-phone-tracker.org/ mobile recorder on Android and transfer it on PC.