Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Indian head cents #999 and 1,000 dug yesterday.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Thanks to my trusty Explorer SE Pro I was able to dig indian head cents #999 and 1,000 yesterday. Those last two took a while to find. Hit a park in the shadow of the NY State Capital Building that really hasn't produced many old coins in the last 15 years. Both cents were deep and masked by iron nails close by. Only reason they were probably still there. The first 350 indians were dug with White's products before I smartened up and bought my first Explorer. The last 650 were all dug with my Explorer XS and SE Pro. I threw in a shot of #1 dug over 32 1/2 years ago.

Attachments

• 1000a.jpg
    1000a.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 293
  • 1000ca.jpg
    1000ca.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 244
  • 1000da.jpg
    1000da.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 258
  • 1000ea.jpg
    1000ea.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 272
Mr. Ed, that is a phenomenal achievement !!
A big congratulations to you !!!

Congrats Ed! That's a pretty lofty goal! Care to share your secret? Ted :clap:
No secrets. Just average a little over 30 a year for 32 1/2 years and you get there ! Only secret is don't look for the perfect signal. Most of the last couple hundred were tough digs near old iron and very deep. Look for nice deep, repeatable tones that don't sound like junk.

No secrets. Just average a little over 30 a year for 32 1/2 years and you get there ! Only secret is don't look for the perfect signal. Most of the last couple hundred were tough digs near old iron and very deep. Look for nice deep, repeatable tones that don't sound like junk.
Nice! I have been throwing mine into a popcorn jar since 1976. I don't have a 1000 though...