Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Indian wars era buckle

birdman

Hi all, found my 2nd buckle of the year. I am in Pa visiting my wife's family and I was told of an area to try for old coins. The only coin was a 1936 quarter but I found my first Indian wars era buckle so I am on cloud 9.
I also found a few buttons which I think are railroad buttons. Two have PRS on the front and one has PennTS on it.Maybe school buttons.. Not sure but buttons are always fun.
Thanks for looking and HH.

Bman

:thumbup: Nice history finds for sure, and silver is always good. Thanks for posting. :clapping:

I'd take that hunt anyday!! Nice job!

2nd buckle of the year! save some for other people lol lol... that buckle is a beauty..... i found a simular looking one years ago 1 week after i got my 1st detector..... congrats

Thanks all,pretty stoked and gonna try again tomorrow. Who knows,maybe there is a seated coin waiting . :beers:

Nice finds Birdman! What area of Pa are you visiting? I am originally from Southwestern Pa, around Indiana and Kittanning area and have thought about going back and trying my old home area.

Jason

I am close to Cannonsberg till Thursday then heading out.

The buckle is post CW so maybe 1870s. Hope to find another relic or two tomorrow.

Thanks all, found out the buckle was made between 1874 about 1890 . The site was built in 1870 so that fits well with the old buildings that used to be there.