Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Induction question for Reg,

Frank-S

Reg, I purshed a SM pro pi kit on Ebay The coil is 300uh my meter
dont have uh, only mh reading.will you convert 300uh to mh
for me.Thanks
Frank-S

Hi Frank,

1000 uh is 1mh. So, to make a coil 300uh, you would wind a coil that measured .300 mh.

Reg

Reg, Thanks .300mh is much lower than the TDI i had.the duel field coil was about .40 mh or .400
if i rember right.I was not sure it looked low to me. At .300mh it might be good on small gold.
Thanks again Frank.

Reg said:
Hi Frank,

1000 uh is 1mh. So, to make a coil 300uh, you would wind a coil that measured .300 mh.

Reg

Reg....as you stated initially, 1000 micro-henries equals, 1 milli-henry.

Figuratively;..... 1000 E -- 06 is the same as 1 E -- 03.

By that definition you will realise that 300 E -- 06 Henry is the same as 0,3 E -- 03 Henry

So a 300 uH coil will display as..... a 0.3 mH coil. on your meter's milli-henry range, if its capable of

indicating that small a value?

(p.s. the two small dashes are supposed to represent a single minus sign)

Hope that correction helps......Matt.

Thanks Matt.
.300 worked OK. I not trained on hi-tech electronics i am
only using a induction meter to make coils.Working on a VLF
coil,12'' troy X5 coil now.
Do you know how to fin-tune a Bucking coil.
Frank