Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Inexpensive Digging Tool

Phil_R

This digger isn't intended for coin-shooting in lawns or parks. Handle is 15.5" overall, head is 9" in length... most digging is with the 3 tine rake portion. Digger was purchased @ Lowes for $12.98 + tax.

Drilled 3/8" hole in handle, just under 1/2" deep. Neodymium (N42) 3/8" x 1.2" cylindrical magnet to epoxy in handle.

Digger complete with magnet... still under $15.00 total. Magnet protrudes about 1/32" from base of handle.

HELLO, Phil,

your DIGGING TOOL LOOKS GREAT! However, you are only a short distance to the civil-war battle-field site of OLUSTEE. Have you been there? Did you ever

scope the area? It looks like the tools you made, are for pretty firm, or hard dirt digging. I am way down here in S.E. Fla.Before I made a 3/4 day trip, I would like to

know if it is possible to hunt civil-war relics in that area????? Your feedback would be GREAT! Thanks, Frank

Hey Frank,

Olustee Battlefield is located in Osceola National Forest and to the best of my knowledge, artifact hunting is forbidden. They may allow you to coin-shoot the public beach / boat launch area of Ocean Pond, but I would ask before taking detector out of vehicle. We have a Confederate "earthworks" located here in Suwannee County, in Suwannee River State Park... no artifact hunting.

Thanks, Phil
I will be headed to N.C. in may, & thought to stop by Olustee to do some relic hunting, but that's out. I still may stop to see the area.

You don;t even want to go there do you the trouble you can get into digging a civil war site in a national forest!Your'e playing with fire with the big boys.DON"T DO THE CRIME IF YOU CAN"T DO THE TIME!!!!!!!!! Besides giving us a bad rep that us MDerist don't need !That we already got by a few rotten eggs!:argue: