Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium & AT Pro...?

For those of you that have both, which do you prefer in the salty wet beach sand; ATP or Infinium?

The same question for relic hunting; I would expect the Infinium (and a back hoe) to be the superior machine when the goal is to dig all targets as well as in soil conditions inhospitable to the ATP. The ATP seems to have the clear advantage in trashy areas, which is the main reason I got mine. (Actually, I was pleasantly surprised at how deep the ATP gets and I'm still using the 5x8 DD; haven't mounted the 8.5x11 DD yet.)

I understand that these two machines were designed with different intents, but there seems to be areas of overlap. I would be interested in any comparisons, not to prove one over the other, but to best utilize each tool for its specific purpose (and I'll let the wife use the other one...:))

(OK, I really want to go to the beach to try it, but it's a 10 %#@! hour drive away...)

John

I have both. For the water I use the infinium for the sand and slightly wet sand I use the AT Pro.
I also like to use the Infinium on the rest of the beach. So for the water (salt) use the Infinium.

Oldpirate

Hey billybones, where are you located? Maybe someone would swap machines with you now and then. I would if you were anywhere near sarasota.

billybones said:
have an excal.looking to get either a infinium or a whites surf dual field. anybody out there have any ideas?

New thread, please.

The Infinium is definitely the best for either salty wet beach sand or relic hunting UNLESS the area is loaded with iron trash/junk.
In that case it's best to use the AT Pro. I've never seen, used or heard of a metal detector that handles iron infested sites better than the AT Pro does.
Happy Hunting!:)

My question is similar here. Pretty new to MTing. I am wanting to hunt a saltwater beach area where an old building from the early 1900s burnt and crumbled leaving lots of iron/trash, but I'm pretty sure there are silver coins to dig. Salty/Sandy on top with water table about 6-8 inches down. I was using my at pro, but everything I got a good id on turned up iron. I thought it might be from the mineralized ground so I was looking at the Infinium. Reading on this forum though leads me to think I've got the right machine for this site. Any tips/guidance would be much appreciated.

The AT PRO would likely be the better choice in this instance so stick with it for a while and use the Pro Mode and learn how to understand the Iron Audio tones, that way you will be digging less junk and more non iron goodies.

Infinium is sharper than the ATPro but harder to identify a good target.
Once you understand the ATPro sounds, you will stop digging junk.
Suttle differences in sound emitted by the ATPro should give you a clue on the exact type of target (it takes time and experience before you get it right though).
Hold on the Ground Balancing button for longer with the ATPro and keep sweeping if you are in highly mineralised soil/beach and you should be ok. If not, decrease the sensitivity to reduce the search depth (note that more water and higher mineralisation will be present as you go deeper)

As you know each detector has its own niche to do the best in.
Hands down on the Infinium in the salt water and wet sand over the ATPro.
I have found gold in the salt water with the ATPro, but the Infinium is much better suited for the salt water environment.
Out of the water I can swing the ATPro more comfortably for a longer time than a shaft mounted Infinium.

I do not relic hunt...no personal comparison for that area.

[size=x-large]From what I'm hearing it sounds like the LS doen't separate trash vary well. I am thinking I will get the Ls and the AT Pro. I was figuring about 1500.00 any way. :clapping:

I will use one while my Son uses the other. [/size]