Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium Australian version/ non-Australian version, what's the difference?

Bence

Which is better for the beach? I do not want a gold prospecting (nuggets) detector, I'm looking for a beach detector. On the Gold Mining Centre's web site it mentioned "Australian version".

I am curious too. What is the difference?

The price. Thats all.

bearkat4160 said:
The price. Thats all.

I can laugh about it here in RI,USA and I did at first but I know you do not think it's funny.

In oz, you get it for $2000. Oz dollar 67-ish to the yank dollar, you be the judge...:)

I just checked on this site: http://au.finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=2000&from=AUD&to=USD&submit=Convert,
looks like wer're getting :yikes: by $300, but with all the import duty, tax and whatever else that has been made up, ya never know..?

This one was purchased in Australia.

Quoted. "These are genuine modifications."

InfiniumLS_Au_Mods.jpg

The recommended retail for the infinium in the US is 1250 dollars, That's around 1890 Aussie dollars at the moment. In Australia you can add to that 10% GST plus import duty and it is approaching the 2 grand mark, So if you can buy the Infinium in Australia for 2 grand Au you are doing well. Try running a business on that profit margin and see how you go, you would need to be selling a lot of other stuff to survive..

All infiniums are designed and built to handle Australian extreme mineralization conditions. Infiniums purchased in Australia come with a 240 volt charger and an Australian Warranty. An Infinium purchased in or from America has an American international warranty, if you then bring it into Australia it is not covered by the Australian Warranty and would have to be sent back to the US for any repairs under the US warranty.

Cheers,
Adrian SS

PS the Australian version does not have a holster for a side arm on it as well.

I hear tell they made Paul Hogan leave is pig sticker bowie knife here in the states when he goes to Australia to visit. You can not even get a license to take a snake gun with you to Australia. Lord knows they do have more than a few bad snakes down there.

For me to bring a gun into OZ I have to have it taken by government courier to the US Embassy in Sydney. I then go to the US embassy and sign for it. They give it to me and I walk back out the door. Now isn't that funny. As I have a diplomatic passport they cant arrest me. The worst they can do is take it away and then deliver it back to the US Embassy where I can then pick it up again. I

f I had to live down there I think a would get me a crossbow and hide it till I could get a lathe and build a few weapons. Nice thing is silver is the same weight as lead when you go to pour a bullet.

dray

A .500 S&W makes settling an argument really easy if you have the big 18inch barreled one. If your well over 6ft you can even hide it.

I'm an Auzzie and have an Infinium.Purchased from the States..And was worried so checked it out with Garret...Old models could not handle the highly mineralised conditions in Australia.
Aussie detectors were upgraded by the sole Garret agents in Australia (when purchased here).
as of 2 Years ago Those upgrades were incorporated in the units (all) when manufactured. So all units manufactured since that time are suitable for Australian conditions .
Purchases direct from the U.S. avoids the massive price hike $2,000 (for basic package with no extras) Purchased in Australia