Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

infinium falsing

Thanks Ray.

Hi, Got an infinium second hand from USA and bought new water proof headphones.
So far used mainly on beach.
Its been a great detector but got few problems:
Its a Heavy unit and wanted to hip mount.
Got lot falsing.
Used a plastic pipe to stiffen the end of the shaft and wrapped the cable to the shaft. Stops the coil wabling and helps bit.
Circuit board has loose components, When touch with plastic stick get false signals. ie capacitors. variable resistors, one resistor. Too delicate to resolder cause its surface mount. Used conductive paint to improve the contacts and secured some components with silicone to stop them wobbling. Also seems to help bit.
Seems to be some problem with the coil cable in the plug connection? If you move the cable or touch get false signals. Happens even after gluing the strain relief to the cable. Shaft mounting the unit helps after taping the cable to the shaft. Has any one tried getting rid of the plug?
Also metal plug has a wire connection to the coil screen and 0 volt connection to the circuit board. No point to this cause the coil screen is connected to the coil cable and not the plug.. Touching the plug can cause falsing. Some sort of capacitance effect? I cut the black wire between the plug and the circuit board to stop the problem. Other people on the net have just painted the plug to insulate it.
Also the headphone gasket leaked and i found a crack in the coil cable under the strain relief. Silicone fixed leak.
Any one know if a small coil exists for this machine?

I took mine to the beach awhile ago and it ran great. I havent been out to the river to prospect sence I had the problem but I changed the batteries and it apears to be fixed. JPRET-There is a 3x7 coil for the finny.