Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium field Test

Thanks CJ.
I hope it is of some help, but you know it is funny how no matter how much time a person spends on a story item, when you see it in final print there is always something you think you could have done differently. I am open to opinions Good or bad as to what others think of the field test.
Cheers
Adrian SS

Thank you for the great article. I just ordered an Infinium. Now I have to wait for its arrival!
I have a spot in Northern California that has consistently challenged my VLF machines.
After reading your field test I am confident I will be able to find more gold.
Thanks again for sharing your field test.

HI audigger,
I wish you success with the Infinium, you can rest assured that it will operate in ground where all VLFs fail. If you will be working ground where the gold is small then give some thought to getting the 8in Mono and or the 5 x 10 DD. Of these two coils I find the Mono to be the most sensitive to small gold and the DD although slightly less sensitive it is easier to move in and around rocky ground and may be slightly better in extreme iron mineralization although I have not found ground where any of the Infinium coils will not work.
Cheers,
Adrian SS

Thanks for the welcome and the coil tips. I did order the 8" mono but I chose the 3x7dd. If the 3x7 turns out to be ineffective I will get a 5x10.
The gold I find ranges from grains to dwts. I have found some 5oz pieces of quartz that contain 2 plus oz of gold.
I am excited to use the Infinium because my old Goldmaster II has seen better days and is very difficult on my claim due to the terrain and the mineralization.
I look forward to posting a report of my adventures with the Infinium. Your field test gives me something to shoot for! I plan on heading to my diggins next month.

G/Day audigger.
If I remember correctly the goldmaster II was hot on small nuggets. The Infinium may not be as zippy but it will find small gold in the ground that the Goldmaster could and could not handle plus it will ignore all but the very worst hot rocks. The key to finding the small stuff with the Infinium is USE A VERY SLOW SWEEP SPEED, NO DISCRIMINATION AND GOOD GROUND BALANCE.
It will be interesting to see what you find in the in those areas that you have gone over with the Goldmaster.
Good Luck.:cheers:
Adrian SS:ausflag:

Enjoyed reading your story Adrian :cheers:

Just remember, you can't poke with dd's, but you can with monos. DD's you have to swing sideways to generate a signal, whereas mono's you can push back and forth or any direction. This is why I can't understand why Garrett went with producing two small monos, it really defeats the purpose!

Double Ds or Monos, you will generate a target signal whether you swing them backwards, forwards, sideways or round in circles or whatever way you like.
PI DD eliptical coils do not have as hot of a hot spot at the heel and toe as do VLF eliptical DDs but you will still get a signal moving them backwards and forwards.
I find the two Infinium monos to be quite good. The two small DDs are not as sensitive as the 8in mono but they are less affected by elec interference and perform somewhat better in extreme mineralisation.

Adrian SS

Adrian that was great information. I truely am a fan of the Infinium. I purchased my first one when they came out 6 or 7 years ago. I had problems with it sent it back to Garrett they up graded the unit and the problem was the wiring on the coils so they replaced the coils. One thing I will say about Garrett they are one of the finest companys you will ever do business with. A few weeks ago I purchased my second one. I also have all the coils they make and use the 8 inch the most. The one question I have is I hunt relics from time to time I have only used the 8 inch coil. The soil in VA. is very hot what do you think abot the large Mono in Hot soil will it go deeper and will it still pick up small brass buttons? And on e other question. Why do you think I don't fine as many mini balls with the Infinium? Thanks again for all the information you provided. Have a great day.

HI Jim Robertson.
I am in Australia. What is a mini ball and what type of metal is it? ( round ball shaped items do not sound off well with PI machines as compared to a good VLF with a similar size coil) I find 1/2 inch diam lead sinkers at the beach at from the surface to 15 inches using the big mono.
The 10 x 14 Mono will be fine on button size brass targets but it may not get much better depth than the 8 in mono on these items. The 10 x 14 Mono handles extreme iron mineralisation pretty well here in Aust. I am not sure what your ground is like but if the 8 in mono does alright then the big mono would be fine in the same ground.
Cheers,
Adrian

Hi Guys,
I just lost my Whites BHID (stolen) and am now looking at a replacement. I've compared the 4 or 5 similar land/beach machines and think I've found my next machine. The Infinium. I found Adrians review to be very informative and although I'm in Florida, I think his review covers our area well.

So, Thanks Adrian for the time You spent on the review, I really enjoyed reading it and it has helped bring me closer to a purchase decision.

Is there anything new out there since Adrians review I might have missed as it relates to Water/land detectors?

Thanks
Randy

HI Randy,
Sorry to hear about the stolen detector and thanks for the field test feedback.
There does not seem to be anything new going on in the way of water machines.
Now that you are in the market for a new machine and if you intend spending a fair bit of time on saltwater beaches then I guess you just have to decide if you want discrimination capabilities. If you do then maybe a PI machine is not for you. All of the top name brand PI detectors are great beach machines, the Infinium has the advantage that it will work in very high mineralised ground conditions and is waterproof. You have already used the BHID so you know how it performs at the beach. Detectors like the ML Explorer series, Excalibur and the Sovereigh XS are great saltwater beach machines. The Garrett MK 2 Seahunter is very good and does have some disc ability, to name just a few.
Cheers and HH
Adrian SS

Thanks Parrott,
I am currently doing some comparisons between the Infinium and a conventional PI And so far the tests are hammering home just how good the Infinium is although each detector has its merits
I will post the results in a couple of weeks.
Adrian

Adrian SS said:
Thanks Parrott,
I am currently doing some comparisons between the Infinium and a conventional PI And so far the tests are hammering home just how good the Infinium is although each detector has its merits
I will post the results in a couple of weeks.
Adrian

I would like to see that 1.

Adrian... I was one of the early Gold Centre forum members.... I occasional post
there as "senior." I have a very early off the assembly line Infinium. I recently sent
it into into Garrett for the monoloop modification. I also have another Infinium that
his modded for the monos.

I have two of the Australian made accessory 10-inch westcoils; the DD and the mono..
Unfortunately only a few of them were sold...

G/Day senior,
Yeah havn't heard from you for a while on the GMC forum; We have a lot of members but not many of them post. I think I have read most of your posts.
What did you think of the Westcoils?
Cheers,
Adrian