Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium Finds ANOTHER California Gold Nugget!:garrett:

bearkat4160

Hey everyone,

Well i just got back from Happy Camp California area and did some nugget hunting as well as get an 8 inch dredge ready for the season. I was detecting up at Indian creek which is about 9 miles north from Happy Camp. I was detecting as much bedrock areas as I could find. A fellow miner friend from Sacramento showed me a spot so we set out and within 15 minutes I had my first nugget. It is 1.8 dwt (2.8 grams) and very smooth surface. It was at 4 inches locked tight in decomposed bedrock with tree roots trapping it tighter in the rock. I carry a small chisel with me for just this type of terrain to bust bedrock apart.

The bad news is I forgot to take my camera with me. I saw the top of the nugget stick out finally and reached for my camera to do video and pics but alas it was not there. So I called my buddy over to see me pull it out of the groiund...was very exciting as he had never seen one pulled out of the ground with a detector. He had his MXT and I with my Infinium found no more nugs but had a blast looking.

I now have an RV set up down on the Klamath river and my other RV here in Ashland so all I have to do is drive down there and I have my get away home already set up. Ready for a good dredge/mining season.

Alan

Adrian,

Signal was Hi/Lo...very strong signal. Unmistakable, but soft signal like gold gives. Used the 8" mono coil.

Alan

http://gallery.me.com/bearkat4160#100104/IMG_2260&bgcolor=black