Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium Ground Tracking.

JohnApthorp

Here's how I understand it - can someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Please forgive me for using a Minelab detector as an analogy - this is not a comparison between the machines but I also use a minelab & find it easier for this post. Thanks.

This query relates to the Slow, Lock & Fast automatic ground tracking switch.

On the minelab machines you have the Automatic & Fixed tracking modes. You start off by doing an Automatic ground balance & when the machine is running stable (The machine has tuned itself to all the small mineralisation signals found in the soil & is now running quiet) for that location/patch of soil, you can then "lock" your ground balance for that soil by flicking the switch over to 'FIXED" ground balance. By doing this, the machines computer will react to any small targets. If you had left the machine on Auto GB, the machines computer can treat these small targets as mineralisation & block them out after a couple of swings of the coil because you initially didn't get a loud response & will now treat them like normal mineralisation.
Enter the Infinium.
I fired up the PWR/Auto ground track button by going straight to "FAST" (Checking that I have 3 or preferably 4 battery beeps) After checking for interference, I pump the coil 3 - 4 inches above the ground to do a fast GB & then flick the switch over to "SLOW" where I do another 3 - 4 inch GB pump. When all is quiet, I then put the switch into the "Lock" position.
Is this the same as putting it into the "FIXED" position on a Minelab machine or is it putting it into the "AUTO" position as in Automatic tracking on a Minelab machine?
Thanks in advance.
Gary.

Myself , i start the machine in lock with the Coil still on the ground & let warm up. Then go to the tracking modes with motion then Back to Lock. last year i would start it up in one of the tracking positions and found i started losing Batt indication when doing so (think it confuses the brain) Now ~ I always warm up in locked 1st. with no trouble, Mo glitches so far. Ken