Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium LS Constant Falsing Is Now Unusable?

Sidewayzgtjb

I was not able to find a repair forum? I have an Infinium LS that seems like it has a constant falsing. I turn it on and there is a constant high low falsing and it won’t stop. I unplug the coil and it still does the same thing. I do not have another pair of headphones to test it. The detector is unusable in this condition. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

1. Try another coil - I am on my 3rd 8" round coil first 2 bad ones had the same symptoms.
2. Call Garrett for an RMA and send it in for repair.

A great detector! I do not believe headphones will cause your falsing symptom.

I bought this machine second hand and I also have a new Minelab Equinox. My Infinium came with 3 coils (original 10x14 and 2 mono of the same size), all of the cables are black and all do the same thing. This Falsing sound will happen if the coil is plugged in or not. I have read multiple forum posts about bad coils but nobody has mentioned getting the same Falsing without the coil hooked to the box (same sound no matter what I do).

Sounds like a trip back to Garrett is called for.
No worry ... Garrett has great service and support for all their products.
Give them a call and they will make you happy.

Love that customer support!
One call and all fixed.

There is still some good info about the infinium on the web, there used to be a lot more. Setting up and using one is as much art as science; can be a bit tricky at first but worth it. I would recommend lots of web searching and starting your own technical library. There seems to be less and less info available in recent years.

Although traffic is slow, there is an Infinium specific forum here on Findmall