Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium LS Feedback

E-TREC-Virginia

Hi everyone. Wanted to get some input on the Infinium LS from some veteran users. Based on some feedback I received on one of my posts, I have a couple concerns that I was hoping to get some straight forward answers on. I am thinking about getting one to use on fairly clean beaches and for relic hunting.

I was told;

That the stock 14" DD coil on the Infinium is less than ideal (issue with falsing) for use in the wet sand or the surf and I would have to get the 10 x 14" mono coil if I wanted to do any serious beach and water hunting. Any truth to that?

That the discrimination flat out does not work and when used, the depth of the machine drops off significantly. Any truth to that?

Thanks for your help.

HI Steve.
The 10 x 14 DD will go as deep as the big mono and can in fact be quieter on salt beaches and highly iron mineralised ground. It lacks sensitivity to very small items and can be difficult to pinpoint with.The only reason I donot use it is because it is heavy.
The discrimination works like a Pulse Delay and at zero disc the machine is most sensitive to gold,; As you increase the disc above 3 you will start to lose depth on small gold rings.
The disc comtrol is designed to be used in the gold fields to help seperate iron from gold, it is not designed to be used like a VLF discriminator although with practice you can to some degree learn how to ID particular items by finding out at what point on the disc control that certain coins and othe items cause a change in the tones or where they drop out of detection completely. You need to experiment a bit.

If you are a VLF person and are used to and require full range accurate discrimination then you will not like the Infinium discrimination, It is standard Pule Induction type disc with an added Iron Check ability.and is primarily to seperate iron from gold at full detection depth.

If you want a good Waterproof dtector for salt beach work that has full range discrimination then I might suggest the Excal

Fishers Ghost said:
HI Steve.
The 10 x 14 DD will go as deep as the big mono and can in fact be quieter on salt beaches and highly iron mineralised ground. It lacks sensitivity to very small items and can be difficult to pinpoint with.The only reason I donot use it is because it is heavy.
The discrimination works like a Pulse Delay and at zero disc the machine is most sensitive to gold,; As you increase the disc above 3 you will start to lose depth on small gold rings.
The disc comtrol is designed to be used in the gold fields to help seperate iron from gold, it is not designed to be used like a VLF discriminator although with practice you can to some degree learn how to ID particular items by finding out at what point on the disc control that certain coins and othe items cause a change in the tones or where they drop out of detection completely. You need to experiment a bit.

If you are a VLF person and are used to and require full range accurate discrimination then you will not like the Infinium discrimination, It is standard Pule Induction type disc with an added Iron Check ability.and is primarily to seperate iron from gold at full detection depth.

If you want a good Waterproof dtector for salt beach work that has full range discrimination then I might suggest the Excal

I was not to concerned about the discrimination as I hunt with very little discrimination right now with my Excal and use very little discrimination when relic hunting with my E-Trac as well. Just enough to null out the iron. Just wanted to get some feedback on how well it works or how it works. Your explanation makes perfect sense.

I was more concerned with the performance of the 14" DD coil and whether I needed to also buy the big mono coil. Since making this post, I've read a litttle bit more about the Infinium and see where there would be advantages to having all 3 of the coil sizes (10 x 14 DD, 14 mono, and 8 mono). I'm planning on using the Infinium on the cleaner beaches and relic hunting is some very mineralized soil. Sounds like the Infinium would be a perfect match.

Thanks for the information, it was very helpful.

Steve,
Just one other thing re the Infinium; The Infinium detects deep but be prepared to use a very slow sweep speed otherwise you will miss the weaker signals.