Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium LS in the parks

Smitty II

Greetings to all,

I saw a few posts down someone wanting to know about using the Infinium for coin hunting.

I use my Infinium in the parks, schools, volley ball courts and play areas quite often. Normally I use the 5"x10" DD coil because it handles the city interference noise better than the larger coils and it doesn't go nearly as deep. For some reason the park and school grounds people start throwing fits when you start digging fox holes in their nice green grass.

I normally dig everything above iron with my regular discrimination coin detector so digging a few iron items is no big deal. If you walk around the target while sweeping, long iron targets like wire, bobby pins, paper clips and most nails will double beep in one direction. This makes it easy to avoid most of the long this iron junk.

Anyway I turn on my detector in the Slow Ground Tracking mode. Hold it still on the ground and listen for interference and adjust as necessary. When the threshold is reasonably steady I bob the coil up and down to make sure it is ground balanced.I hunt at zero discrimination. Attached is a picture of what I found today at a couple of park play areas and in the grass around a few trees. Ididn't have a whole lot of time.

There is 3 Quarters, 2 Dimes, 3 Nickels, and 11 Pennies. I also found 2 junk earrings, a tiny white metal jingle bell, a button off of some jeans and a steel ball. Last I found a pocket knife and a Euro 2 cent piece. Nothing worth very much but I had a good time.

As far as junk goes, I found several pull tabs, 2 nuts, a bolt, pieces of a chewed up pop can and a couple of small rusted iron items. Most of this I would have found with my other detector.

As long as you are not hunting is an iron infested area, the Infinium makes a great coin and jewelry machine. Pick you spot and go for it.

God Bless

Nice little pile. Yeah the Infinium works if it ain't real junky where you hunt. It's like hunting with a VLF in all metal.

Bill