Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

infinium ls

Andysantee

Just bought an infinium ls on sat. i have had cheap detectors in the past, so i thought i would buy something better this time. took it out for a while on the beach and couldn't believe how great this machine is. i was even finding stuff in a couple of feet of salt water. but this morning i went on the Garrett web site and i see that the infinium is no longer being sold. i called Garrett and they said that they are discontinuing this detector but had no reason why. does anyone have any idea why?

My guess is that they carry 3 PI lines of metal detectors. The Infinium and ATX are very similar in many ways, so it might make sense to discontinue the Infinium, as it is the older of the two. The Infinium is one great detector. It has treated me well with many gold rings.

My Infinium is still a keeper!
Interchangeable coils and headphones and it is hip mountable.
As every detector, it has it pros and cons.
If a detector, coil, headphone, scoop or other accessory does not fill a unique need, then it would not have a place in my arsenal.

Boy, what a catalog, for 2016, it explains just about all you want to know with charts and explanations of terms. Download it and
take a look. Unfortunately the new coil for the ATX and the new ACE Series nor the ACE 400 are shown in the catalog. Guess
we will just have to fantasize while we wait.

I will never part with my Infinium.
The ATX is a better performing machine than the Infinium although not waterproof, but needs the coil mounting arrangement fixed once and for all. I never understood why Garrett created such a crappy coil mounting
Try pushing it through the waves and see how you get on. Even walking along on the beach on a windy day causes the coil to flip up or down.

hello. How was everybody this year. I have an infinium I would like a powerswitch
Part number. it has 12 pins and 4 positions. I don't know much about rotary switches. It says electroswitch and a number 23 in center of Backside. im getting battery test signal in lock position.

I have also been trying to track down the cause of numerous false signals...not happy with this detector at all
Happens at end of the swing... Thanks in advance.

Signals at the end of each swing usually means that the detector is not fully ground balanced.

Assuming that your detector is working correctly.

If this is happening on salt water beaches then try setting in a bit of discrimination gradually up to no higher than 3 after you have ground balanced. This will reduce the ground signal from the salt and should stop the falsing at the end of the sweeps.
I find that a little bit of ground noise can produce more depth on some targets.
Also you may find that by setting the disc at 1 the detectors response to high grade gold is improved slightly.

Fishers Ghost said:
I will never part with my Infinium.
The ATX is a better performing machine than the Infinium although not waterproof, but needs the coil mounting arrangement fixed once and for all. I never understood why Garrett created such a crappy coil mounting
Try pushing it through the waves and see how you get on. Even walking along on the beach on a windy day causes the coil to flip up or down.

Have to agree with Fishers Ghost' comments. Since the Atx concept definitely two sides on agreement. The superiority of the Pulse
Induction (brain's) mounted on maybe the industry's worst platform. Most reviews from knowledgeable hunters / owners praise the technology, bash the construction, cost of coils, etc. Garrett stands by their product for repairs but for the life of me can't figure who this shaft / coil attachment was designed for. Put it on a standard shaft, reduce the weigh, hip mountable, reduce the cost. Then the sands would be ruled by this model.

Ps. This is my 7th year of spending 2 and a half months solid on the beach. Seen lots of detectors, but not one Atx. A shame.

I also have not seen an ATX at Aussie beaches.
I know of one person who tried one but he mainly uses an TDI OZ or a Dual Field.
The ATX is a seriously big erganomic pain in the butt.
The current display panel shape would lend itself to a reasonably compact and possibly WP control box design inc battery packs. That plus a more conventional shaft and coil arrangement and you would have a very nifty metal detector. for all kinds of metal detecting. and the price might even be less than the current lowest priced Minelab PI.