Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium Mod

Jim in MA

I liked the blue headphones better than the black but I could not control volume with out the loss of sensitivity.
with this in line volume control I can turn the threshold up to 8 and lower the volume and still not have to
worry about getting them wet. I cannot say this gives me more depth but the smaller targets are louder.
I have detected for 25 years and have never found so many small gold rings than I have in the past 2 seasons
with my Infinium. I only use the mono coils.
These rings, the largest is a size 2 1/2 came from beaches I have hunted many many times with my Excal. and many other people have
hunted them also,But The Infinium is the one that found them!

HH Jim

Yes with the Infinium, cranking the threshold up brings out the smaller targets and makes them sharper .
The target signal is always higher than the threshold, unlike many VLF detectors where the target sig can be overiden by the threshold tone.
The Infinium threshold operates differently to most other machines.
So running a high threshold and then lowering the HP vol is the way to go when searching for those very small nuggs with the Infinium.

Cheers,
fishers ghost.
AKA, Adrian SS

An excellent:thumbup: modification, nice to see some Infinium related innovation for a change.:clapping:

ivanll

aHa ! . . . FG = Ad.SS , makes sense . Just make sure that extra Battery rack's handy though , on the higher threshold :)

HI Ken.

Yeah I have been Adrian SS, jackinthebox and fishers ghost.

I am Adrian SS everywhere else and fishers Ghost here. Jackinthebox is finished.

Too many user names becomes a pain after a while and just a few days ago I forgot all of my passwords:confused: Well that was fun, but I finally got them all figured out again after two days of confusion.:rolleyes:

We know who :twodetecting::detecting: U's are no matter what name, should you get all mixed up:confused:............ just ask:cry:........we'll save you.:stretcher:

ivanll

Thanks Ivanll . Knew I could rely on you.:starwars:
it was a bit odd for a while tho. I had not so much forgotten the PWs but could not recall where each one was to be used.:crazy:

Like the good sense of humor . Seems to me (only having the LS for 5 months) and using only the one-time use Batts. that the threshold is directly relative to output / gain on the battery life ? Seems like the higher the threshold i've used the more the load on AA's. Concur ? in other words on my VLF it doesnt seem to affect lifespan no matter the threshold .

HI Ken,

The Infinium is a constant current device so no matter where you have the threshold set the current draw from the batts remains unchanged.
So if you are experiencing varying battery life it is more likely due to differences in the capacity of the batteries. Even batteries of the same type and size can have different short cct current capability.
Setting the threshold below your hearing level will reduce the depth that you can detect a target. You can sometimes use that method to reduce some elec interference but at the cost of a loss in depth.

Thanks FG , that's good to know cause i noticed to find a 3rd few gram space iron or slag (havent tested them yet, that i had to get it sizzlin' up to 5 or so & rake down some more Sand near a wash to hear the last one after searching with a fine to comb over & over.

I just completed my headphone mod for my Infinium. I absolutely love it. I used the Grey Ghost underwater headphones on my mod. They work great. Thanks for the help Jim.

Works like a beauty on AT's also :thumbup:
P7186076_300.jpg

:cheers:
ivanll
:ausflag:

After using my grey ghost underwater heaphones with volume control mod, I just didn't like the placement of the volume control on my main housing on my Infinium. So after alot of contimplating I decided to install the volume control in my headphones. I really like the placement now. It's easy to adjust and out of the way. I think it looks alot better also. Here are a couple pics of completion.

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

Wear are you guys getting the VC30 Waterproof Volume???? Iv had no luck at the insus place????? Thank You mickfin,

Good Job Lake Hunter!!!! I want one!!!! mickfin

I would sure like to make the same setup you have there!!!

First some questions: Any special wiring issues to deal with??? Do you need to add any type of waterproofing (silicone/rubber) between the volume control and the headphone earcup??? Can you provide any tips for the complete conversion (where to purchase parts....etc)??? Thanks again!!!:thumbup::cheers:

Boy Lake Hunter i Like your Mod with the Gray Ghost HHs !!!!!! I got all the parts sep you so come on over wen yous got the time good Buddy, Mickfin