Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium modifications

mjtreasure

I have recently purchased an infinium and would like to know what kind of modifications you folks have made to make your machine more user friendly for yourselves. I plan on getting the Grey Ghost waterproof headphones and doing that mod. Also, I am interested in any aftermarket coils that you have been using that work well with this machine, especially a smaller coil that could fit into those tight areas between rocks, etc.

My wife and I can hardly wait for the ground to thaw and the ice to leave the lakes so we can get out!!! Still cold here in the U.P.

-- moved topic --

There are no after market coils available for the Infinium. The two small DDs are perfect for getting in amongst the rocky ground.

Westcoil made some aftermarket coils but they are no longer available as far as I know. I would stick to Garrett coils anyway. The round 8" mono is probably the most popular accessory coil.

I have always just used the Infinium as is but I did hip mount it a lot. I made my own headphone adapter for it back before you could just buy one. That is my main suggesting - get the dry land headphone adpater so you can use any headphones instead of the cheapies Garrett ships with the Infinium. I use Gray Ghosts. Garrett Infinium in Hawaii Garrett Infinium at Moore Creek

From the Garrett Website:

"1/4" Headphone Adapter PN: 1626000 $39.95 Allows land-use headphones with a 1/4

Excellent info. Thank-you very much.

. . . Still waiting - impatiently - for the ground to thaw out. Temp is in the low 40s today, it won't be long now.

It certainly makes it easier on the arm when winging the detector. At least two variations are available. Much better than belt mounting the cpu

$12.00 Whites Composite Lower - easy to adapt with a bit of ingenuity, Bicycle Bar-end $10.00 & RV scrubby Pole (freebie) :twodetecting:

Ken-Digs,
I see that you have your processor mounted to the end of your detector shaft, under the cuff. Are you doing this to counter balance the weight of the coil? Also, I am just unsure as to what the straight shaft adds to the package? I know that the shaft is a little loose, I can easily take care of that issue. I am going to try the belt mount of the processor when this ground finally thaws out up here!!!!

Thanks!!

Hi J&M , I mainly Use the 10" x 14" Mono coil and I use it Primarily for Nugget hunting It is Way Lighter on my arm that way and the Shaft feels even more Natural to swing, to me. The Belt would probably make it very light , but for Me - I think if I couldn't lay the detector aside completely while digging out Alot of Targets it would drive me crazy. Also once I've dug far enough for the Lobo to hear it , I turn off the Finny completely & use Lobo and Pinpoiter (Pistol Probe PI) for final removal if it's deep. Good luck with all ~ Ken