Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium Question!! Hi all.......Been gone for awhile........

bottlebum

because of the winter and the fact that I blew my back out a few months ago. I'm hoping to be able to get out and do some real detecting, soon.

I have one question and it is as follows.

I use a Garret Infinium and last fall while detecting for the low/high signals, I found one and decided to test the discrimination function by turning the Disc. knob all the way clockwise to see if the signal would disappear, which is supposed to be an indication of a possible good target. Well, rather than disappearing, the signal turned into a high/low signal and it was very clearly a high/low signal. I decided to dig the target and it turned out to be a 1950's wheat penny!
I guess my question is, is this normal and has anyone else experianced this while hunting?

Thanks for any input and HH, Bottlebum

I run my discrimination at zero in fresh water, and at 2-3 in salt water. I believe the manual suggests you don't run it above 3. You did the iron check. If you advance that knob all the way and there is a change in tone (which there was) you are supposed to dig it.

I must have misunderstood something somewhere because I thought the signal was supposed to almost or completely disappear while doing the iron check when there was something besides iron under the coil. I've only used the detector a couple of times last fall so as you can tell, I need alot of practice.

Thanks John!!