Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium standard double D loop use??

Cupajo

Hi Fellow Water Hunters,

Any input on using the standard double D coil for water hunting?? I've been using the 81/2" loop (works very well!!) and I am thinking of trying the larger loop.

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

in the surf and is a lot noisier with the end of swing signals. I can only stand it for about an hour so I use mainly the 5X10 and 8" coils. The large coil works well in the wet sand and you can certainly cover a lot of territory and it does pinpoint well.

Hi John,

An acquaintance of mine has been using his in the water. It seems he is content to just walk around with it. I don't see him doing a lot of swinging. He has been passing over a lot of territory and does locate some finds. He commented about using it's wider foot print to cover a larger area than the 81/2" and deeper too!!

I'll find out how he has been doing and post the results. Thanks for your reply and I'm really considering dry/wet sand hunting with it too.

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

Cupajo,

I have used both a few times and if I am not flying I will bring both.

If I am going to be in the water or surf the 8" mono is the only way to go for any extended period of time.

If I am going to work up in the dry sand or minimal surf I will go with the 10x14DD. When I travel to Florida I will take the 10x14DD as I am working in the Port St Lucie area and the water is off limits due to the treasure leases, so you are stuck working the sand. I am going to need to go deep and the DD does not need as much coil overlap on the swing so more area is covered.

I use the standard 10x14" DD for all my detecting. It's a great coil in the scuba configeration, well balanced. I use it in the surf, but would'nt recommend doing so! I often think the wave pressure, or drag on the shaft will snap it in two. The 8" for the surf would definately be the coil of choice, I'd love to try it diving too. HH regards Nugget.:detecting: