Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium take two.

Detectorguru

Just picked up a new Infinium. Had an original one that was very unstable. Did the coils get reworked? The detector is very stable. I'm sure Garrett has put some effort into improving this detector in recent years. I love my TDI but its not waterproof. Hate to drop it.

n/t

I purchased mine a year ago and had to send it back for repairs, Garrett did replace the coil so it is possible there was a change or update....

I had a few stability problems too. I got new coils from Garrett for free, (after sending my old ones in)
I understand the coil cables had to be upgraded and that apparently was a common problem.
MIne is a very early model and has been factory upgraded and works really well. Smooth and
very deep searching.
Rich

I don't know about changes but My Infinium is over two years old and I have always had a stable detector. I use it in a lot of really hot soil I mean iron red to beat the band. I don't like the tiny coils though as you can not take then out into the deep water. Just wading is all. Still at least if I drop my whole kit in the river It won't be totally ruined when I fish it out. Can you imagine swinging a GPX4500 in the shallows and then dropping it in the river for an hour before You can fish it out. Can you say big BIG I mean Giant size dollars after the water get though with it. Now go over to the beach near the Golden Gate. You might as well just fill your pockets with big rocks an jump in after it as you wont get it to work right when you get it back ..

dray