Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Infinium third party coils.

Tried this in the Infinium section but it's slow over there. I recall some chatter a few years back about third party Infinium coils. Anyone remember them or how well they worked? I was just curious.

There was some talk about after market coils years ago, but none ever surfaced. My favorite is the large mono coil.

If I remember correctly there is 5 coils for the Infinium. I could go downstairs and count, but that does not help here.
They are DD / Mono / 10X14, 5X10, 3X7, 8"
What other coil would one want?
I know they are not on the Garrett website, but a dealer may still have some of them. A call might find one for you.

The Infinium Classroom is slow now because it is a discontinued over one or two years ago. I still am using mine even though I have an ATX.
Each has special uses.

Other than submersion depth (200 ft vs 10 ft), in what other niche does Infinium have the advantage over the ATX?

Here are a few:

I find the 8" coil is more adapt at getting round the salt water beach's winter rocks.
I hip mount the control box so only the shaft and coil have to be swung. Much lighter.
Likewise the 3X7 is supper in rocky rivers.
Not as maintenance intensive, especially the cam-locks, as the ATX

The ATX has many more user control setting and is more suited for open areas of beach water hunting.
The best of all (IMHO) is the Iron Test push button.
On the wet/dry sand I have to use the ProSwing 45 with the ATX.

Yea, I like the hip mount; been hip mounting mine just about since I got it.

So how do you know when to use the DD vs Mono on the Infinium? Within a given design (DD, mono, etc) my rule of thumb is smaller = better resolution and maneuverability around obstacles, bigger = deeper and more coverage. The DD less overlap.

I only have the stock DD and 8" mono for the Infinium but generally have used it for beach or relics.

thanks